U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 09:26 PM

446 posts, read 283,038 times

Advertisements

300 is cut down? Wow! You had a busy night, I’m picturing you now relaxing with your feet up and a good book or tv show on tap. You earned it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 11:22 PM
JRR

3,685 posts, read 2,230,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorthretiree View Post
300 is cut down? Wow! You had a busy night, I’m picturing you now relaxing with your feet up and a good book or tv show on tap. You earned it.
Yeah, we are considered as a nice safe area for kids to come and trick or treat so we get loads of them. At times the street looked like a movie theater parking lot when the show has just let out; kids everywhere. We have fun doing this as the little ones are so cute and I enjoy a bit of back and forth with some of the kids. And we still can't get over how polite the kids are here when they come around.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:45 AM

2,440 posts, read 1,675,248 times
We watched the grandkids in the Halloween parade and then returned home to give out treats. We had around 25 kids last night, more than other years. The kids were so darn cute! The oldest group were 12 years old and there were many toddlers. One little two year old would not open her treat bag no matter how much her Mom urged her. She finally was okay with picking candy out of our bowl and putting it in the bag herself. . It was a gorgeous night to be out. Ive always liked Halloween.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:43 AM

2,475 posts, read 1,075,739 times
I had one kid come to the door. Sigh. Then my neighbor stopped by and ate a couple of candies. I think I won't bother next year.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:15 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,844 posts, read 54,538,129 times
We had about 20 kids from 6pm-8pm, then shut down. We bought 8 bags of candy, used less than two, so will be gaining some weight in the next few weeks.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:18 AM

2,440 posts, read 1,675,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
We had about 20 kids from 6pm-8pm, then shut down. We bought 8 bags of candy, used less than two, so will be gaining some weight in the next few weeks.
Oh-oh!

We had eight pieces of candy left at the end of the night. The last few kids were getting handfuls. We bought candy the night before and put it up where we needed the kitchen ladder to get at it. With age there does sometimes come a bit of wisdom!

Old 11-01-2018, 07:21 AM

43,564 posts, read 52,720,164 times
Yep.
30 years ago, this neighborhood full of kids.

Now young families priced out. Many people did not move. Etc.

My neighbors always ask to see my 6 and 4 year old, so after we go to a friend's neighborhood to trick or treat with their kids (kids seem to like dashing about in groups), we always make the rounds to our neighbors who always have a treat for our kids.

I think they miss seeing local cuties all dressed up.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:15 AM

1,324 posts, read 837,779 times
Really enjoyed the town's Trunk or Treat last night. I crocheted a giant spider web and spider for my trunk. I'm glad there's a safe place for the kids to go. I so enjoy decorating my car and passing out treats to the little ones. It was really cold last night, so I popped into my car a few times to warm up

Old 11-01-2018, 09:01 AM

2,452 posts, read 3,672,028 times
We had around 65 kids last night. 30 years ago the quantity of Trick-or-Treaters who came to our door was close to 200!

Lots of homes with no lights on and not-participating. Some were spending the evening at their own kid's & grandkid's homes. Others were hunkered down in the back rooms with no lights visible from the porch.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:19 AM

5,458 posts, read 2,843,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I had one kid come to the door. Sigh. Then my neighbor stopped by and ate a couple of candies. I think I won't bother next year.
We got none, as expected. I had bought one bag of candies that we both like, so no big deal. I always get one bag, just in case. I mean, in the unlikely event a kid showed up and I had nothing Id feel like the biggest miser ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement