U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 12:28 PM

2,461 posts, read 3,677,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCjunkie View Post
Isn't there a kid's rhyme about Little Bunny FooFoo walking through the forest...? Now I will have to crank up Google to find that, lol

Little Bunny FooFoo walking through the forest. Scooping up the field mice and bashing them in the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 12:52 PM

3,373 posts, read 3,792,332 times
When we were in high school my sister named her car Elizabeth Ann. Don't know why, it was a navy blue Pontiac LeMans. I had an orange Pontiac Tempest. No name. Later when I sold it to my brother in law, he named it Al.

I finally started naming cars when I bought my silver BMW convertible. There was paperwork in the glove compartment from the previous owner, he had joined an on-line Beemer club, and his password was "Velvet". So that became her name.

We've had many trucks with no name. Then we bought a white Toyota SUV with an 8 cylinder engine, so he became Butch. As we also had another white SUV with a 6, he became, of course, Sundance. Sundance has since been donated to Rawhide Boys' Ranch. We bought ANOTHER white SUV, a Mercedes, and he is, of course, Benz. I tried to call him Ben, but hubby always says Benz.

We also have a boat, a Mariah Shabah. So her name is Shab.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:34 PM

9,657 posts, read 10,390,532 times
I named the cars I considered keepers. The project cars or the weekend cruiser cars. Those cars tend to have more sentimental value to me, and naming them helps reinforce that. I don't call them by their names though, but they are named.

The everyday point A to point B cars just get referred to as their model name.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:57 PM

7,755 posts, read 4,771,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorthretiree View Post
My best friend in college called her car Charlie. But that was sort of her thing. Most of us didnít have cars, but the couple others who did, didnít name them. When I got my first GPS, before it became an app on a phone, I called the GPS She Who Must Be Obeyed. Iíd sometimes shut her up in the glove compartment, and Iíd still hear that faint, didactic voice coldly saying, ď recalculating, recalculating.Ē

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0Qvc6_MfQ

Old 11-08-2018, 03:22 PM

2,454 posts, read 931,170 times
One trucks named Beauty and the others named Beast AKA Hooptee
The cars are named Hers, Hers and Hers

Old 11-08-2018, 05:15 PM

2,638 posts, read 1,552,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
My Prelude was "the 'lude".

My new deep wine red CR-V is named Vino Carleone.

His white El Camino is the El Commode.
The winner for the best names!

Old 11-08-2018, 05:55 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,118,143 times
Yep. Not very creative, but her name is Kia.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:25 PM

79 posts, read 66,314 times
My husband calls his Toyota truck "The Toy". I was recently gifted a Prius which I call my "little black rocket" because its black and sort of looks like a rocket to me. My daughter and Son in law who gave it to me, gets such a kick out of me naming it that. I was really in shock for such a generous gift though. Its not new, a few years old but only 90,000 miles on it so for a Toyota, that like new! It took me a minute to get used to it but now I love me little black rocket, lol.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:02 PM

6,642 posts, read 3,696,925 times
My wife and daughter named the cars. I bought a new car a few weeks ago and my daughter is wanting me to name it. Nothing comes to mind. Guido? Mater? Luigi?

Old 11-09-2018, 05:57 AM

5,818 posts, read 4,862,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
My wife and daughter named the cars. I bought a new car a few weeks ago and my daughter is wanting me to name it. Nothing comes to mind. Guido? Mater? Luigi?
What make model and color is it? Does it remind you of anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or