U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 12:06 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,942,304 times

Advertisements

I watched all eight episodes last weekend and enjoyed it for the most part, although I felt a few of them were uneven. (Which is not unexpected given that it is a Chuck Lorre creation.) I just wonder how long it will be now before the next season is released.

I remember that last year at this time I watched all eight episodes of the inaugural season of The Amazing Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime and I've been waiting ever since for the beginning of Season 2. Amazon finally announced December 5th as the season 2 premiere date. I hope we don't have to wait an entire year for more episodes of The Kominsky Method.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 12:14 PM

1,189 posts, read 980,059 times
DH and I finished last episode last night. They really crack us up, and we were very in need of a good comedy. Looking forward to next season!

Old 11-21-2018, 01:22 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,619,027 times
At their ages, bathroom issues are more important.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:37 PM

5,453 posts, read 2,778,245 times
This was just put up on Icefilms and I have it saved to watch (since nothing else this season is even remotely interesting). I think I'll look at a couple episodes tonight.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:01 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,845,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin star in this geriatric buddy comedy/drama. There are lots of familiar faces here, including Nancy Travis, who with "The Kominsky Method" is now starring in two concurrent series ("Last Man Standing").

Douglas plays a faded star turned acting coach and Arkin is his longtime agent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjuOTlf5Jb0

Recommend.

Well I don't know where to begin! I haven't laughed so heartily in a long time. This is a true gem and I'm so grateful to you for pointing me in the right direction.

Arkin is a master! I'm so happy to see him in this very important role. Seeing Michael Douglas as an old man kind of hurts because I'm someone who can remember him on the original Hawaii 5-0 when he was hotter'n all get-out but then, I'm not the hottie I used to be either.

I've made up my mind that I want "Barbra" to sing at my funeral! No Jay Leno, tyvm, but if Miss Patti agrees, she can break out at my service.

I'm "dining out" today but you can bet that when I get home, me and my turkey sandwich will be watching. And as an actor, maybe I'll pick up a few pointers!

This is something for which to give thanks.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:01 AM

3,919 posts, read 2,888,205 times
I am about a half generation behind Michael Douglas, but it is still spooky to see him and others playing parts that are based on their advanced age.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:02 AM

8,231 posts, read 11,942,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Well I don't know where to begin! I haven't laughed so heartily in a long time. This is a true gem and I'm so grateful to you for pointing me in the right direction.

Arkin is a master! I'm so happy to see him in this very important role. Seeing Michael Douglas as an old man kind of hurts because I'm someone who can remember him on the original Hawaii 5-0 when he was hotter'n all get-out but then, I'm not the hottie I used to be either.
AFAIK, Michael Douglas was never on Hawaii 5-0, not even as a one-off. Are you sure you're not thinking of The Streets of San Francisco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I've made up my mind that I want "Barbra" to sing at my funeral! No Jay Leno, tyvm, but if Miss Patti agrees, she can break out at my service.
Not directed at you specifically, but I think we need to be wary of giving away too many spoilers in this thread to those who haven't as yet seen the show.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
AFAIK, Michael Douglas was never on Hawaii 5-0, not even as a one-off. Are you sure you're not thinking of The Streets of San Francisco?

I was sure I wasn't thinking of The Streets before but you're absolutely right. See how old I am?

Not directed at you specifically, but I think we need to be wary of giving away too many spoilers in this thread to those who haven't as yet seen the show.

I didn't think that gave away much but I am duly chastened. I won't do it again. In case this doesn't come across as sincere, I do mean it. Thank you.

But I reserve the right to pop in from time to time with a hearty LOL.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:11 AM

lol

Old 11-22-2018, 12:15 PM

9,417 posts, read 6,296,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Yes, one episode ends at a funeral and the next one picks up where it left off.

All in all, there's a little too much emphasis on bathroom functions for me but this show is written by guys, so I get it. And I don't mind it that much.

The scene where Sandy and Norman are trying to do kegels is hilarious.
This series is great!

And, yes, it's about two older male friends, so prostate issues are important to the scrip. Danny Devito as the urologist was hilarious!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or