Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 07:59 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,307,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
I hope today is happier for you -- although your area is probably getting hammered with the three days of January Lake Effect h**l that many are experiencing -- that doesn't help improve ones disposition

My roots are from sort of up your way. I retired to Middle Tennessee to get away from that bone chilling stuff.

Snow is fun. It's that raw wet weather you can't get out and do anything in, that I don't like. My horses need fed and stalls cleaned every day, regardless; living in a more temperate climate where my arthritis doesn't misbehave so much makes me a lot happier, lollol

As I write this, the Feels Like is 28 (F) and the air is NE Ohio raw

My 20-something horses will be turned out in blankets until the weather gets back to somewhat normal on Wednesday or Thursday. The normal temp this time of year should be 50's - low 60's where I live. Weather days like today make me feel like I'm in the weather version of the movie "Ground Hog Day", lol

Here"s hoping your days can be brighter as the weather improves

Far as "The Cool Kids" are concerned: I really like all the actors so helps negate the lousy writers they have to put up with. I watch the show but may not continue if the writing doesn't improve. Those veteran comics deserve much better scripts than they are being handed-----
I live a mile from Lake Erie. Temps have been mostly in the thirties and forties. Not bad. We got a little bit of snow but by afternoon it was pretty much gone. No where near hammered. Nights have been colder. We’ve gotten rain. Last couple week forties during the day. Made it to fifty a couple of times. Nothing to get down about.

The weather people are telling us cold blast is on its way way. But as Elsa says, “The cold never bothered me anyway.”

To get back on topic, I watched a rerun of “The Cool Kids” on Sunday. I liked the part where Margaret yells at a young guy when she realizes he’s not making a pass at her. What’s funny about the show for me is the way they camp it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 02:57 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,856,103 times
I've seen it 2 or 3 times, I'm not home on Friday nights that much. I like it, I guess the scripts could be better, but so much of TV is such drivel these days, I didn't notice this one was much different!
We watch mostly true-life crime stories, we love Joe Kenda, others like repeats of Dateline and what-not on ID and OWN. Usually there's 2 or 3 on at a time on different stations, so we can check around and find one we haven't seen already.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:41 PM

3,550 posts, read 3,081,152 times
I watched it. Some lines were funny. I liked the characters. But it did seem a bit sophmoric. Also, felt like something written by 20-somethings who are imagining what it's like to be seniors. OTOH, that's true for most sit coms these days, why should this one be different? At least the characters are fun, so I'll give it a thumbs up.

ps. I know how you feel Minervah. I have post-Thanksgiving crankiness too. In fact I wrote a few lines about it, then had to go back and edit it all out because I realized I was going off topic. Ooops! So easy to do around here!

Last edited by Piney Creek; 11-26-2018 at 04:09 PM..

Old 11-26-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
I watched it. Some lines were funny. I liked the characters. But it did seem a bit sophmoric. Also, felt like something written by 20-somethings who are imagining what it's like to be seniors. OTOH, that's true for most sit coms these days, why should this one be different? At least the characters are fun, so I'll give it a thumbs up.

ps. I know how you feel Minervah. I have post-Thanksgiving crankiness too. In fact I wrote a few lines about it, then had to go back and edit it all out because I realized I was going off topic. Ooops! So easy to do around here!
Actually, and I’m going to catch He$$ for this, my crankiness isn’t Thanksgiving related. It’s posts from those who feel the need to bring up the shows they watch when the question was about one show only.

It’s done all the time in the TV forum and I just don’t get why people do it. Like asking someone, “Do you like ice cream?”
And they reply, “I like cottage cheese.”

Yeah, they’re both dairy products but I asked you about ice cream, not cottage cheese. The question was was regarding a particular show, not what shows do you watch. I don’t know why it bugs me but it does. Still no one else seems to mind so I’ll shut up now.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:55 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,545,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Actually, and I’m going to catch He$$ for this, my crankiness isn’t Thanksgiving related. It’s posts from those who feel the need to bring up the shows they watch when the question was about one show only.

It’s done all the time in the TV forum and I just don’t get why people do it. Like asking someone, “Do you like ice cream?”

Yeah, they’re both dairy products but I asked you about ice cream, not cottage cheese. The question was was regarding a particular show, not what shows do you watch. I don’t know why it bugs me but it does. Still no one else seems to mind so I’ll shut up now.
How about that "Last Man Standing"? LOL

Old 11-26-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
How about that "Last Man Standing"? LOL
Well, if I must.

I used to like that show when the kids were younger but now not so much so I don't make an effort. And I keep forgetting it's on again.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:26 PM

15,240 posts, read 12,807,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

Yeah, they’re both dairy products but I asked you about ice cream, not cottage cheese.
But I like cottage cheese-flavored ice cream!

Quote:
The question was was regarding a particular show, not what shows do you watch. I don’t know why it bugs me but it does. Still no one else seems to mind so I’ll shut up now.
I try to keep in mind that the sole reason we are all allowed to comment here is to create massive emounts of content so that City-Data gets top placement in natural search results. That means more people will come here and click on ads, which is how C-D makes its money.

I think I want one scoop of cottage cheese ice cream and one scoop of rutabaga ice cream. (There, now I've created content that is essentially meaningless.).

Old 11-27-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
But I like cottage cheese-flavored ice cream!

I try to keep in mind that the sole reason we are all allowed to comment here is to create massive emounts of content so that City-Data gets top placement in natural search results. That means more people will come here and click on ads, which is how C-D makes its money.

I think I want one scoop of cottage cheese ice cream and one scoop of rutabaga ice cream. (There, now I've created content that is essentially meaningless.).
A big LOL to you because my stupid Smartphone won’t let me give reps.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:38 AM

747 posts, read 567,574 times
Like with almost all TV, it bores me, not funny to me.

Mull looks very aged.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:54 AM

705 posts, read 558,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post
Like with almost all TV, it bores me, not funny to me.

Mull looks very aged.
I think he looks pretty good to be 75.

There are VERY few current shows we watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement