Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 04:06 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,868,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Just because I’m happy where I am now doesn’t mean I can’t be happy someplace else. Always keeping my options open.

I think I've managed to be happy just about every place I've ever lived. I moved a lot over my lifetime, first with my dad and then with husbands, but I had a lot of 'adventures' too and for those I am grateful. I have friends who were born, raised, schooled, married and had families in this town and I used to envy them their 'roots' and stability. But when we talk, and they have never been anywhere or done much of anything, I am sort of sorry for them. I have a brother like that. He lived out of state for one year of college, and did his time in the military, but otherwise he's spent his entire 69 years here. He envies ME my "adventures". lol Keeping your options open is a good thing! At this point in my life I am too old, tired and lazy to be moving again so it's a good thing I like it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 04:17 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,899,586 times
I have lived in a handful of places, in different states.

I have been fortunate to have done a lot of vacationing across this U.S. and Canada, because the U.S. and Canada were the only places I wanted to see.

I am now retired on my permanent spot --- with my horses --- I am happily here until the end --- I resent coming off this hill just to go to the store, lol

Old 11-28-2018, 04:41 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,623,239 times
Forever home, never heard that term.

My parents lived and died in their home all their lives, They liked to keep settled...not the wanderers..

I have lived in my wonderful apt over 25 yrs now and love it and no plans to go anywhere but over the pacific when I'm done here.

Old 11-28-2018, 04:50 PM

37,478 posts, read 45,746,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Does that mean you have too much stuff?
No, definitely not. I have what I need and use.

And that's a rather outrageous jump to make from what I stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement