Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 07:06 PM

3,057 posts, read 2,034,410 times

Advertisements

My tolerance is about the same from earlier ages. My policy: It's not what happens to me it's how I react.
Hate stupid, unsafe drivers.
Do not tolerate rude people in my life, no second chances, one and done.
Do not waste time doing things I don't enjoy just because someone wants me to.

I am 60-something, not near death at all, no illness, but ask myself often: if I only had a month to live would I be doing this (whatever it is) today?
Old age has made me more self-ish. I used to be more generous, optimistic about other people and open-minded.
There is virtue in pursuing what I think is important and cutting out the chaff.
I am kind and tolerant of children, animals and good-hearted adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 07:08 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Bad drivers not paying attention. Really get me angry

Old 12-10-2018, 08:05 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
There isn't a lot that really bothers me but...

I detest people that blow their nose at the table in restaurants, IMO it is beyond rude and disgusting.

It also bothers me that when people have the flu etc....they go in public places spreading it. There was a lady in HEB recently and all she did was cough all over the produce when I saw her and didn't even bother covering her mouth. She was asking the produce man about something and even shared she was running a fever, he said you know we can deliver so you don't have to come in and share it, she just laughed.

I also hate seeing dogs chained in yards, that's no kind of life for an animal. It just my opinion but I feel if someone really wants a dog, they should keep it inside or have a fenced yard.
I can’t imagine anyone disagreeing with anything you said, and if they do I am certainly not tolerant of them.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:32 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
I've become intolerant of Snowboarders -- aka Knuckle Draggers. Pants around their thighs instead of their waist. They are like locusts coming out on the slopes on a nice powder day, ruining the experience for everyone else as they show off, ride erratically, not caring at all about cutting other people off. They think they're cool; the rest of us think they are jackasses. That's one reason I frequent Deer Valley and Alta: they have a no-snowboarders policy.

Oh yeah I'm I've grown intolerant of cheap and moderately priced wine. It doesn't always need to be Screaming Eagle or Château Margaux or a Petrus, but I'm done with sub-$100 bottles of wine.

I've also grown intolerant of single grain Scotch whisky, blended malt Scotch whisky (formerly called "vatted malt" or "pure malt"), blended grain Scotch whisky, and blended Scotch whisky. For me, I want an excessively aged single malt Scotch whisky or nothing. It should be an Islay, a Highland, or even a Speyside.

Bourbon? That's for washing engine parts.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:15 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
I get very annoyed by people on online forums that fail to recognize that my opinions are right and theirs are wrong!

Sorry, I just can't agree with this...

Old 12-11-2018, 01:12 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
Stupidity
Rudeness
Arrogance
Bad Drivers

Actually, I guess most people!

Old 12-11-2018, 02:16 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,575,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattedCOdude View Post
Costco Charmin...the gold standard! Lol.
Are you talking about the single-ply stuff? How could anybody use that stuff? I gave our Costco TP to the cleaning ladies for their personal use. I have always paid the extra dollar for premium-grade TP ever since.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:20 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,575,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Bourbon? That's for washing engine parts.
12-year old bourbon is to die for. Sipping a little Costco small-batch bourbon as I type.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:36 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
I think incivility covers it all. Otherwise I am fine with life.

Being nice and decent and thoughtful goes a long way in this world.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:20 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
As each day passes I despise social media more and more, especial twitter and FB. I can't stand it when people start using a word with that "hashtag" phrase. I just want to punch them in the face. I'm also starting to detest that "metoo" movement. Initially I believe they started out with a noble cause now they are just a bunch of attention seekers looking to keep their name in the public eye.

As far as people goes, I can't stand the people that wear headphones or looking at their phones while walking or riding their bikes on the street. Here in NYC you need to be Extremely careful. There are scaffolding everywhere, reckless cabbies and drivers, construction all over the place and other careless people walking. You need to be alert at all times and these clowns are walking around oblivious to the world.

I get infuriated when I see people talking on their phones when driving their car.
I can't stand parents that don't watch over their rude kids when at the park. When I take my son to the park I'm all over him and if he dared to be rude or nasty to another kid I'll take him away and apologize to the kid and parent he was mean to. This is why we moved to the suburbs. In the inner city you deal with a lot of lazy, incompetent or just uncaring parents that just don't give a chit what their kids do and let them run amok.

I can't stand generational poor people cry poverty and never, ever think to better themselves and are always looking for a handout. When my parents brought us to this country (legally BTW) we did not have a lot of money. We were very poor and had trouble getting by my parents never wanted us to relay on others so they made sure we all got educations and made something of ourselves. I have several other family members that also came into this great country legally and we're all doing very well financially and do not require govt assistance. And I'm very proud of my family for that.

I've said this before in several other threads but I'll keep saying it, but my wife and I are very concerned about the world we are bringing our children into. This world really is going to crap. People are way too sensitive. You can lose everything for a simple mistake thanks to that vile social media. People have become worse. We are over populating the world with little opportunities for our youth. The poor people in the world are reproducing at an alarming rate and no one seems to realize this. Something must be done and no one is doing anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement