U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 06:37 AM

43,538 posts, read 52,626,787 times

Advertisements

Speeders/aggressive drivers.

People who are loud in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 07:10 AM

27,093 posts, read 5,882,815 times
Loud tv commercials
Loud people
Loud rock music, which I used to like...

Old 12-10-2018, 07:15 AM

1,328 posts, read 2,697,129 times
I'm fairly tolerant these days. I learned awhile back to divest myself of the drama. I chose the people I'm around, so that helps a lot. Sure I get annoyed at stupid drivers, but when I used to get angry and reactionary, now I just talk to them, "why are you doing 25 in a 45?" "What the hell was that move" and then just let it go. Sure I do gain a little satisfaction when the idiot that changed lanes 30 times to get 2 feet ahead arrives at the light at the same time as me. But now I don't glare at them.

But the one thing that I can't stand is people that let their kids do stupid things. Yesterday at brunch, while sitting at a high top table, a young couple was letting their toddler stand up! This places his head a good 5 feet above a concrete floor! The waitress tried to help, talking to the boy about it being unsafe, parents didn't get the hint. Then the kid reaches into the dirty dish that the waitress was holding (from another table) and places the food in his mouth. He cried when she took the bowl away. Again no reaction from his parents. They were too busy taking pictures of their bloody Mary's.

And then there is texting while driving... OMG! Seriously folks what is so important! And sadly I'm surrounded by soccer/cheer/whatever sport my darling is playing moms who drive SUV's that should require a CDL, trying to pull out of a parking space doing some 27 point turn. And you know they have backup cameras, but can only use one hand, because the other one is holding the phone!

OK..so there are few things I can't tolerant.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:17 AM

6,538 posts, read 1,339,947 times
This is not something that annoys me MORE as I have gotten older, but cellphones/smartphones now bug the hell out of me more than ever because of their increased capabilities and uses!

Waiting in the check-out for someone to go through their cellphone looking for "whatever" it is they're looking for takes much longer than waiting for someone to fill out the amount on a check; and working in a wine department, waiting for up to three minutes while a customer tries to find a note on their phone about a certain wine they they had -- how much effort does it take for someone to look up and remember 'Crossbarn Cabernet' before she enters the department? (Btw, in my experience, women are much worse about this than men are, and I'm a woman, btw.)

Last edited by katharsis; 12-10-2018 at 08:02 AM..

Old 12-10-2018, 07:28 AM

23,556 posts, read 17,535,380 times
Slow moving traffic. Put me twelve lanes around me and I'm fine as long as it moves. I don't do two lanes of stop and go well.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:33 AM

284 posts, read 595,342 times
Others have hit the nail on the head for me already. Slow drivers in front of me, slow drivers in the left lane, people that almost stop to make a turn, people that can't accelerate to merge onto the interstate, traffic lights not synced to where you hit all the red lights, badly behaved children in public, people that clog up the aisles in the store, people that stand right where I need to be in the aisle pondering over what peanut butter to select when I just need to grab mine and go, etc.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:35 AM

6,839 posts, read 11,108,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
I do not suffer fools gladly.

I notice I have become intolerant of nearly every act that is even slightly foolish, inconsiderate, or selfish, and am at risk of becoming an angry old curmudgeon.
I'll second that. Fools.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:51 AM

6,306 posts, read 5,046,206 times
People older than me acting like kids.....

I can't believe they reproduced - lol.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:08 AM

1,137 posts, read 569,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
People that get me or my husband sick. We in general don’t get sick, but if these people get sick and spread to us, it wouldn’t be cool. We stay at home when we sick.
That used to be the case. Now we stay at home when THEY are sick.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:20 AM

3,911 posts, read 2,876,213 times
Bigots. Snide comments. Thought out criticisms I can tolerate even if I don't agree with the thought process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or