Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 08:32 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,754,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
I do not suffer fools gladly.

I notice I have become intolerant of nearly every act that is even slightly foolish, inconsiderate, or selfish, and am at risk of becoming an angry old curmudgeon.
I was an angry young curmudgeon, so the transition has been pretty smooth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 09:08 AM

245 posts, read 152,168 times
Mean people.

I've always had low tolerance for people who are rude/disrespectful/hostile/toxic but now in retirement, it's not something that I have to put up with, so I don't put up with it at all.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:15 AM

245 posts, read 152,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I'll second that. Fools.
I disagree. I've known plenty of unintelligent, kind-hearted people, and I've enjoyed being around them.

A-holes of any kind, smart or not, are the ones that I don't tolerate. I also dislike snobs, people who look down on those who they perceive as being less intelligent, less wealthy, or whatever.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:31 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,175,522 times
I am now completely intolerant of people who don't seem to know, even after the MANY years of cell use, the most basic cell phone etiquette. Or maybe they know and are just rude a-holes:

1. Talking on cell phones in public toilets, especially if they're in the stall right next to me.

2. Talking on a cell phone in an elevator. If the doors open and there's a stupid (fill-in w/your favorite insult) inside gabbing on their phones, I look directly at them and say "never mind, I'll wait for the next elevator". They always seemed shocked by this. As if anyone would object to being trapped in a tiny moving box, having to hear about your fight with your boyfriend last night. No matter how short the ride.

3. Last but not least, talking (illegally I might add) on your hand-held cell while driving. Where's a cop when you need em? Matters not to me that you're too stupid to care about your own safety, however I DO object to the endangerment of everyone who has the misfortune of having to drive anywhere near you.

Cell phones. I hate them more and more the older I get. Not the phones themselves, really. But the Dolts who seem to have become more brazen over the years in their inappropriate public use.

Last edited by BijouBaby; 12-10-2018 at 09:43 AM..

Old 12-10-2018, 09:38 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,648,489 times
Passive-aggressive tactics.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:38 AM

18,665 posts, read 33,282,510 times
I am much more tolerant of people who not overly smart but who are decent people or just plain nice. Don't overly want to spend a lot of time but like them much better. I also have more compassion for people who are hard or beat up, because I know how hard life can be and how that can result.

Don't think I have less empathy or tolerance. I have never tolerated azzhats or really rude people, and never ever liked anyone with a superiority complex. If you're so marvelously superior, I'm sure I'll notice on my own. (Probably came from living around Boston and the major universities and always working for a Harvard affiliate).

Old 12-10-2018, 10:12 AM

5,768 posts, read 3,208,773 times
People who complain.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:28 AM

6,281 posts, read 4,165,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastafellow View Post
People who cough or sneeze in their hands.

People who still use a handkerchief to blow their nose. Why not a tissue and toss it?

I always carry a handkerchief and a spare. I use them to clean the lens on my camera or camera phone, wipe my grandaughter's face, wet it with that darned water I carry around in a bottle and cool my brow or neck in the summer, and of course if I use it to sneeze in (because carrying a load of tissues takes up precious space in my bag) then I resort to my spare for other uses. why would I waste money on tissue's when I can use a nice soft handkerchief that can be washed?

Old 12-10-2018, 10:29 AM

6,281 posts, read 4,165,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
People who complain.
THIS

Old 12-10-2018, 10:52 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,175,522 times
People who complain about people who complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement