Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 01:32 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,822,563 times

Advertisements

People that smoke, people that are drunk in public, homeless people/panhandlers, people that yell at their kids, people that let their kids run crazy in public, people that park in fire lanes, people that don't use turn signals, people that stalk you for a parking space at the mall, receipt checkers at Walmart, neighbors who leave their trash cans out after trash day, people that do 50 mph in a school zone when the lights are flashing, people that swear or have vulgar conversations in public, fat women that where spandex leggings, people who don't clean up their dog's crap when they are walking it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 01:38 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
People that smoke, people that are drunk in public, homeless people/panhandlers, people that yell at their kids, people that let their kids run crazy in public, people that park in fire lanes, people that don't use turn signals, people that stalk you for a parking space at the mall, receipt checkers at Walmart, neighbors who leave their trash cans out after trash day, people that do 50 mph in a school zone when the lights are flashing, people that swear or have vulgar conversations in public, fat women that where spandex leggings, people who don't clean up their dog's crap when they are walking it
In other words, people!

Old 12-12-2018, 02:32 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
In other words, people!
Not necessarily. But if this person is experiencing all of this in one place, it sounds like they need to relocate!

Old 12-12-2018, 07:10 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,550,658 times
Sometimes, my job. Also, winter.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:37 PM

2,065 posts, read 1,863,765 times
LOL, this threads just begs for curmudgeonly-ness! I hate it when people write LOL! And I never suffer fools gladly! Why must anyone suffer fools gladly! The horror.

I love retirement.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:24 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,580,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
LOL, this threads just begs for curmudgeonly-ness! I hate it when people write LOL! And I never suffer fools gladly! Why must anyone suffer fools gladly! The horror.

I love retirement.
Perhaps you were using satire, but one is forced to tolerate dimwits, the unknowledgeable and very ill-informed, the uneducated, those with low IQ's, the mentally unbalanced and outright mentally ill, those with personality disorders, the backward, those who never read in life/non-readers, fanatics, those with offensive beliefs, those lacking in mental acuity, the very odd etc when posting on City-Data forums and other online forums....if one wants to continue to post and read.

Last edited by matisse12; 12-12-2018 at 10:36 PM..

Old 12-13-2018, 12:46 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,597,880 times
I can’t stand people that show up 15 minutes early and text right away saying they are there already. Text on time if we haven’t met up yet

Old 12-13-2018, 02:23 AM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Perhaps you were using satire, but one is forced to tolerate dimwits, the unknowledgeable and very ill-informed, the uneducated, those with low IQ's, the mentally unbalanced and outright mentally ill, those with personality disorders, the backward, those who never read in life/non-readers, fanatics, those with offensive beliefs, those lacking in mental acuity, the very odd etc when posting on City-Data forums and other online forums....if one wants to continue to post and read.
This post was in response to the expression "to suffer fools." It's only an expression. It's a somewhat common old expression and not meant to be a swipe at the mentall ill,low IQ, etc. I can't look it up or c&p right now, but I do feel that it's a bebign expression and it's what the person can't tolerate.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:35 AM

8,238 posts, read 6,580,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

This post was in response to the expression "to suffer fools." It's only an expression. It's a somewhat common old expression and not meant to be a swipe at the mentall ill,low IQ, etc. I can't look it up or c&p right now, but I do feel that it's a bebign expression and it's what the person can't tolerate.
I'm not bothered at all by the expression, i'm completely aware of the expression, and I know what it means, and I'm not bothered at all by the way the poster used it, whether she/he meant it in satire or not - both are fine. I think you probably did not understand my post though, since your response does not speak to anything I said or meant.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:16 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,129,383 times
People that only talk about "how busy they are". It a single topic that they bring up every single time you see them and drone on and on about "just being too busy".

Victimhood. Being a victim apparently makes you a hero or right. Everybody is doing it it seems. It's a disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement