Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 10:43 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
All the things that I was supposed to do in 2018 and never got done?

This spring will be trips to Zion, Arches, and Canyonlands National Parks as well as some nearby National Monuments. Then an early summer trip to Rocky Mountain National Park and the Colorado Springs area. .
Oh, good for you! My old stomping grounds: Arches/Canyonlands. We got married in Canyonlands. See if you can sign up for a short CO river float, depending on the month. "The Daily". It's like a mini-Grand Canyon float. We loved Rocky Mt. Park and Pike's Peak (cog railroad) too.

We're repeating our 2-week trans-Atlantic cruise from FL to Barcelona (last year it went to Rome).
Then we'll spend 5 weeks in Greece, mostly on the island of Lesbos , LOL, now known as Lesvos. Quiet and less-touristy. The Aegean has no waves there, so I can dare to submerge...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 11:29 AM

41 posts, read 28,556 times
Retiring 27 July 2019 at 62. Looking forward to taking a real vacation were I won't have to rush back! Maybe the Caribbean or a Cruise. remodeling our bathroom is a must. Most important, letting the sunshine hit my face every morning

Old 12-20-2018, 11:48 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,506 times
As of January 15th 2019, I'll be divorced from my Transgender spouse.

I have someone wonderful in my life now and I'm excited for the future. I'll be moving to another state and starting a new chapter in this crazy, wonderful, unpredictable life

Old 12-20-2018, 12:03 PM

2,276 posts, read 1,670,725 times
Continuing to clear out old magazines and paperbacks after one more reading - and realize I will never make all those recipes which I carefully clipped out and saved. Reglaze our wooden pane windows (protected by storm windows) which I actually find fun and rewarding!

Maybe a cruise to Alaska or more likely a leisurely road trip through the Adirondacks and part of New England, which we haven't done in awhile. We are finding air travel more and more stressful and nasty, no matter what the class. Very, very happy we already traveled throughout the past decades.

Enjoy visits with our adult "kids", maintain our happy retirement with the lack of rigid scheduling, and maintain good health (most important of all).

Old 12-20-2018, 02:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
What are your plans for 2019?

My plans are to win the lottery, buy a log home in the mountains on a thousand acres, have sex with Jennifer Lawrence, and get the brakes done on my Jeep.
1 outta 4 aint bad.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:23 PM

143 posts, read 150,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Motorcycling with my daughter through Canada and Alaska this coming summer is my fun plan.

However...

I just tipped the scales at 396 in my physical this week. I figure I have about 20-25 years left of decent health, and then hit the inevitable significant health decline in my eighties. This year, I need to lose a hundred pounds for health and mobility (looking good on the beach is looonnnggg past a consideration) and increase my daily activity level so I have an active retirement, and not a a very limited future waiting for the inevitable... heck, I could just move to Florida if my only desire was to veg out in God's waiting room...
Tuck's Dad...Watch Dr. Berry on youtube about keto...its really the way to go.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:50 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
Learning to walk again (stroke) and maybe even use my right arm. I can get around in the house a little with a cane.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:54 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
A week at baseball spring training in Arizona seems like a good idea, haven't been there since the 2014 season and I had originally planned on going once every few years in retirement.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:02 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Have the fabric for baby quilt #5, for a grand nephew debuting in late March. Gotta be done before his arrival. And his crocheted blankie, too.

Just sewing and painting and cleaning and tossing.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:48 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,760,240 times
Let's see...

Finishing the never ending work on the rental cabin...this time bathroom floor replacement and replace carpet downstairs, possibly painting too. If we do the painting, we will truly be "done". Probably late Jan to early Feb time frame.

Some sort of vacation to somewhere warm for my 60th in Feb/March.

2 week transatlantic cruise to Barcelona...maybe we'll be on the same ship as Sand&Salt??

Visit my family in CA sometime, as well as hosting some of them at our place.

Sell my boat and possibly buy a very small travel trailer, then do some short trips in the new trailer.

Goals...

lose some weight before the cruise

de-clutter the store room and hobby room via yard sale, ebay, etc.

replace kitchen flooring and have bathroom remodeled, probably in the fall

That should keep me busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement