U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 08:23 AM

4,437 posts, read 2,612,363 times

Advertisements

There is such a thread in the financial forum relating to finance goals for the new year.

I'm wondering what everyone's other plans for 2019 are?

It could be anything you'd like to share, goals, plans vacations, moving, or just staying alive.

Our plans will depend on if our financial situation turns around for 2019, this year was devastating.

Other wise it will be to keep on keeping on....

So what are your plans for the new year?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 08:55 AM

11,090 posts, read 12,475,857 times
What are your plans for 2019?

My plans are to win the lottery, buy a log home in the mountains on a thousand acres, have sex with Jennifer Lawrence, and get the brakes done on my Jeep.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:33 AM

486 posts, read 324,201 times
I'm retiring on January 10th. We have one short vacation to Mexico at the end of January, then my plans are a move to another state and figuring out exactly what to do with the rest of my life.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:38 AM

6,569 posts, read 8,105,591 times
I plan to see my spouse with good health in 2019. Think we are on a good course to see it improve now. Any other thing is chicken feed by compariaion.

May all experience good health in 2019.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:48 AM

414 posts, read 262,753 times
We're going on our annual trip to Arizona (Tucson area) in the spring to see my mother- and father-in law. I'm a little hesitant this year, because my sister-in-law is planning a surprise party for them in their house, and my husband and I are supposed to get them out of the house so food and guests can be brought in. I know she means well, but I wouldn't like it if 30 unexpected guests were waiting for me in my house.

In the fall, we'll be visiting my son and his wife in Montana. They're moving there from Grand Junction, Colorado the day after Christmas. I'll miss all of the hiking we've been doing with them in Colorado and Utah the past three years, but now we'll have somewhere new to explore.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:57 AM

315 posts, read 158,839 times
Our big plan for 2019 is a family trip with our daughters and my parents to Italy in mid June. I have been to many places in Europe, but never Italy so I am very excited. The plan right now is to rent an Airbnb in Florence for a week for everyone to enjoy. Then our girls plan to take off and visit other countries for a couple of weeks while we rent a car with my parents to drive around Italy.
We have lots of planning to do after we get back from our ski vacation in Utah for Christmas!

Old 12-19-2018, 10:24 AM

1,631 posts, read 966,206 times
Some practical, some fun for 2019.

Practical includes state of art water treatment system for two new water storage tanks we had installed last year. Another is to gravel final portion of parking lot we have on site. And, plant more trees and finish up several raised beds/rockeries.

Fun will be 2-3 camping trips for the shoulder seasons in spring and fall. Plans are always loosely planned as we don’t make reservations preferring to either camp at federal campgrounds or dispersed spots on public lands. I am thinking northern Nevada and western Utah for the spring and Southwestern Wyoming, northwestern Colorado/Northern Utah for the fall. We may sneak in an Oregon Coast trip in March or November.

Last edited by xPlorer48; 12-19-2018 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: Additional info

Old 12-19-2018, 10:25 AM

28 posts, read 25,729 times
Our plans include:

- Continue simplifying our lifestyle, in preparation to retirement.
- Strike out a couple of long time objectives travel items off our bucket list - Spain and Alaska cruise. Spain to celebrate my double nickel birthday, Alaska cruise as a surprise trip for my wife 60th birthday.
- Wedding for one of our children.

Looks like it's shaping up as a busy year for us (and we haven't even started it yet).

Old 12-19-2018, 10:26 AM

1,651 posts, read 567,483 times
To finish the interior (two remaing items) and exterior (four remaining items) renovations on the house and yard. The remaining exterior jobs were originally scheduled to be done in early November. ONE of them MAY be done this weekend, weather permitting. But maybe not. I won't know that until tomorrow or Friday. Once we get past this month the winter weather will shut the door on everything of that nature until April, probably.

Just to give an idea of what kind of year 2018 has been renovationwise: The full list of interior/exterior renovations was first launched during the first week of December 2017. That's 54 weeks ago. Supposedly all of the interior work was to be completed before July 1st, and all of the exterior work before Halloween. Hah! It is to laugh. So I am taking nothing for granted as far as 2019 goes.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:34 AM

15,847 posts, read 30,364,616 times
Well I've been wanting to buy a cello and learn to play it for the past several years but time, money and SPACE have been scarce (it's a big instrument, you know). I also want to improve my Spanish but I have not found the right tutor yet. Last year I discovered a local dance studio that has ADULT classes so I would LOVE to delve in to my love of dance.

Of course, I'm always looking for ways to grow my business. This winter is the "off season" and I will be doing a ton of marketing toward that goal.

Also in January, I'd reallylike to go to coastal Texas because I'm missing the beach. But I may have to settle for Buloxi, since it is closer.

I really need to have my car detailed and I am seriously considering erecting a tiny home to use as supplemental income (AirBnB). But that is way down the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or