U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 08:49 AM

7,626 posts, read 4,686,468 times

Advertisements

Short and pithy. No, I don't have a lithp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSh5voSUhrs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 09:09 AM

12,686 posts, read 14,068,003 times
<sigh> Well, some of us OF's are compassionately attempting to keep the bar as low as possible. Cuz the next generation of OF's is going to be carrying their a-holes in one hand and pawing their hemorrhoids with the other, and they could take some terrible falls.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:57 AM

5,416 posts, read 2,819,339 times
Thank you posting that! I laughed out loud so much it’s a good thing nobody can hear it away from our house. Sent it to some friends, who are not-new old people.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:23 AM

221 posts, read 115,909 times
Call myself as fellow retirees "oldsters."

Old 12-21-2018, 10:31 AM

31,627 posts, read 19,947,296 times
That was funny.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 12-21-2018, 10:32 AM

13,650 posts, read 8,565,244 times
Great Stuff!
But I must report that none of my grandkids are remotely interested in my history, and my stepdaughters have no interest in who my family might have been.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:27 AM

7,626 posts, read 4,686,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Great Stuff!
But I must report that none of my grandkids are remotely interested in my history, and my stepdaughters have no interest in who my family might have been.
I wasn’t interested in family lore, either, until we were at my aunt’s house sitting around the kitchen table. My mother and my aunt were reminiscing over their childhood in Nebraska. I loved it. Kept asking for more stories.

Maybe it was the utter unlikelihood (to us) of these “old” people ever having been children.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:19 PM

4,621 posts, read 4,460,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
...My mother and my aunt were reminiscing over their childhood in Nebraska. I loved it. Kept asking for more stories.
Funny video. I'm going to pass it on to one of my friends.

Us kids grew up with my mom's stories about spending summers on a relative's farm and stories about all the relatives. Knowing that I've probably forgotten most of them, and wanting to preserve them, on the monthly weekends near the end of her life when I visited my mom to take her shopping, I'd set an iPod in record mode on the center console of the car and ask her to retell the stories.

When I eventually download them to the computer, I'll burn some CDs and send them to all the nieces and nephews so they can hear the stories. My mom's gone now, but not her experiences and stories.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 12-21-2018, 12:41 PM

5,180 posts, read 669,439 times
The laugh of the day!!

This is so on target--as he went down the list I could visualize people I know who are guilty of at least one infarction. I myself (I'm 67) have been known to post pictures of an airplane wing or two and photos of meals dining in or out--with an occasional selfie thrown in for good measure.

This is who we have become since Facebook and social media came on the scene....

Old 12-21-2018, 12:41 PM

1,910 posts, read 959,043 times
I've done all this extensive genealogy and my daughter and granddaughter have absolutely no interest in knowing who their great-great-great-grandparents were and their stories. No interest at all. Of course, I'm sure I didn't either at an earlier age, but once that's gone, it's gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement