U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 05:54 AM

1,073 posts, read 809,372 times

Advertisements

If you're on Medicare, you qualify for various types of U.S. Drug plans that are associated with Medicare, of which many are free or the monthly cost minimal.

There is no way this side of Hades and back I would buy ANY sort of drugs from outside the United States. I wouldn't even do that to my horses, dogs, and cats ----------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 06:10 AM

426 posts, read 188,809 times
Do they really make them in Canada? I suspect they come direct from China!

Old 12-23-2018, 06:13 AM

649 posts, read 554,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
If you're on Medicare, you qualify for various types of U.S. Drug plans that are associated with Medicare, of which many are free or the monthly cost minimal.

There is no way this side of Hades and back I would buy ANY sort of drugs from outside the United States. I wouldn't even do that to my horses, dogs, and cats ----------
If you are getting any drugs from CVS, RiteAID, etc. then you are buying drugs made outside the US. Over 60 percent or more of our drugs are foreign made. Mostly in India and China.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:31 AM

2,791 posts, read 999,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG120 View Post
If you are getting any drugs from CVS, RiteAID, etc. then you are buying drugs made outside the US. Over 60 percent or more of our drugs are foreign made. Mostly in India and China.
Correct just because you buy them and pay US prices doesn’t mean they came from here. I did some digging when my US generic drugs that came every three months kept changing the way 5hey looked. Answer they keep switching drug makers depending on price.

Old 12-24-2018, 02:16 PM

4,082 posts, read 2,576,815 times
The issue is not whether the drug comes from India (or China), it is whether the manufacturer is registered with the FDA. If it is registered, it has to meet certain quality standards and is inspected. 40% of US drugs are manufactured outside the US, mostly India and China so you are possibly already taking drugs made in India when you get a script filled in the US.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:21 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,443,375 times
I use one for my doberman's heart drugs. It is half the price of the USA.

India is great - but any time a new web site comes up.... the USA govt shuts it down. The only good thing about being close to the mexican border is the drugs. From my experience, it is actually financially smart, to catch a flight to Costa Rica, just to buy good drugs from down there. Excellent docs, surgery, etc.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:22 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,443,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Correct just because you buy them and pay US prices doesn’t mean they came from here. I did some digging when my US generic drugs that came every three months kept changing the way 5hey looked. Answer they keep switching drug makers depending on price.
That is a fact. Talk to your pharmacist. I had a horrible time with generic thyroid because of this and must only take the expensive stuff.

What a mess it all is.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:11 PM

15,149 posts, read 19,763,215 times
My rheumatologist gave me a script for a pain reliever that would have cost me over $300 even with insurance here in the USA. I found it at a Canadian pharmacy for about $25 for the same number of pills.

I've also had other scripts, both for myself and my dogs, filled there. Sometimes the meds are shipped from England, other times from Australia and occasionally from India. No noticeable difference in any of them (other than a much cheaper cost) -- they all work well with no side effects.

Old 12-25-2018, 04:12 AM

172 posts, read 64,889 times
Thank you all for your input! I've decided to give this pharmacy a chance and have them ordered and will be shipped to me in about 3 weeks. Price difference is I was paying $2.61 per pill and now the cost is .90 cents. Big savings when I need 2 pills per day. I am not on medicare as I am not old enough yet so I can't go that route.

I do believe a lot of drugs are produced in those other countries, too.

Old 12-25-2018, 05:19 PM

364 posts, read 553,180 times
I haven't used them for myself, but have used them for my dogs. Our vets charge ridiculous prices for heartworm and effective flea meds and won't give an Rx to buy them from US online sources. I go to Canadian pharmacies that don't require prescriptions, but the drugs seem to ship from Australia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or