Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 03:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
I'm not finicky, but my stomach sure is! I used to be able to eat anything/everything, but now find my digestive system is getting more and more sensitive....but also confusing. Some nights I can have pizza, no problem, other times it's like an inferno in my stomach! Things like cereal and fruit used to be no problem...now, well, we won't go into that! And again, some times no issue at all! Just another fun part of getting older, I guess!
Hydrochloric acid gets less as we age in our stomach. Buy some 'Super enzymes' at the Health food store...take em before you eat...you'll thank me...such an easy fix.
Sometimes even simple papaya enzymes will do the trick....oh, also a table spoon of apple cider vinegar after a meal does the trick, also.

Aging just means you add a couple things to adapt...helping the body do what it used to easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 03:38 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
I am just as picky at this age as I've been all of my life, but now I get to be adamant about what I will or won't eat. I don't have to please anyone anymore.

Thankfully though I have a saint of a wife that cooks to my palate or she'll declare that I need to fend for myself for this meal or that one. Cooperation is great in our marriage!

Old 12-23-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
I'm 65 and NO! If anything, more open and adventurous I am also snobbier about food. I grew up in a working class family, we ate pretty well, considering. We were never "short of food". My father was born in Sweden and at Christmas we used a lot of Swedish foods. My mom was born in the UK and we ate thse foods too. Deserts were especially good.

On Christmas eve, we had many Scandinavian delights. Christmas day, more Scotch Irish and English.
What? We could be siblings with that ancestry!!!!

Old 12-23-2018, 03:50 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Not finicky but particular. There's only the two if us now and we don't eat as much as when younger so we search out the best, fresh just caught seafood, good meat cuts, etc.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
What really changed my father's diet before he died
was that he lost his sense of smell -
Please, God, lemme loose my sense of smell.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:53 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I have gotten picky about the types of food I am willing to eat. If it is not good, or well prepared i probably won’t eat much of it. If I am eating others’ cooking, I probably will force myself to eat something, for courtesy’s sake. But basically I like healthier things than most people do. And I don’t like overly sweet desserts or most sweet drinks.

One of my pet peeves is the haphazard quality of some homemade salads. I get the impression that many home cooks don’t really like salads, and make minimal effort with them. And another pet peeve is the raw veggie trays people buy and serve. Those never have fresh, flavorful veggies.

It is hard to find good veggies in restaurants as well.

Yeah, I’m picky.

Old 12-23-2018, 04:21 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
I can't eat as much as before. Guess that is a good thing. The child's version of a burger is fine with me. Of course with all the condiments. Light on the onions.

Someone mentioned how good mashed potatoes and corn are together - and yes - mmm

I have a sibling that refuses to eat seafood - only fried codfish. No shrimp, lobster or crab. Don't know what she is missing.

Another sibling is a terrible cook and I will not eat what she makes, even to be nice - lol.

Another friend hates fish but eats it for Lent. I just couldn't grasp this. Why eat it if you don't like it and it almost makes you throw up? She thinks you have to eat it. Very weird IMO.

Old 12-23-2018, 05:21 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
I'm more open-minded on food. Still no sushi.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:32 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I'm more open-minded on food. Still no sushi.
Bait, I tell you! Bait!

Old 12-23-2018, 07:13 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement