Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 09:39 PM

6,300 posts, read 4,197,862 times

Advertisements

I haven’t been here long enough to see the changes you have. I enjoy a variety of online social media that fit different interests and needs. I came to city data’s originally to explore a particular area we were planning to relocate to and to see what issues come up when making a major move. I have to admit some of the questions posted on the retirement forum seem strange and yes negative but I just regard that as the stranger side of social media. I love my life too much to be dragged down by a few negative posts on cd, and don’t begrudge anyone having the need to have a good moan and vent. They can have at it, I can skip and scroll by.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:44 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
So many of the threads started recently are about death, cremation, dying, wills, donating one's body parts.... that every time I tuned into the Retirement forum in the last couple of months I would immediately be reminded of death due to the thread titles -

which is something I definitely do not want to be reminded of every day. Maybe that is what some people are reflecting upon - the rash of threads surrounding dying and death.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:49 PM

6,300 posts, read 4,197,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
So many of the threads started recently are about death, cremation, dying, wills, donating one's body parts.... that every time I tuned into the Retirement forum recently I would immediately be reminded of death due to the thread titles -

which is something I definitely do not want to be reminded of every day. Maybe that is what some people are reflecting upon - the rash of threads surrounding dying and death.

Those reflections and concerns don’t depress me , not sure why but they don’t. I can see why it does others though.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:33 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
I never thought that the so-called Boomers had much going for them, in the first place. A small percentage of them have pulled themselves up out of the past, but most of them are mired in it. Here on this forum, we have quite a few of the more improved ones, who resemble younger people in many ways. But we don't hear from that majority of others, so we may have an inaccurate view of the generation as a whole.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:40 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,053,058 times
due to excessive need for moderation, closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement