Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2019, 12:27 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,002,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
LOL, if his first name was "Pete" and his last name began with an R and ended with I, you missed out but I didn't.
haha, no..

But I confess that even though he is married I am seriously temped to call him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 03:14 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,092,135 times
It’s always surprising to realize what an outlier I am. I’ve never NOT been with anyone I wanted to be with yet I don’t have a problem being with someone I’d never want to be with; had we met randomly.

I can’t say I’ve ever been afraid of STDs but I’ve always respected the risk & therefore; I’ve never had one.

I’ve never felt awkward or felt like things changed afterwards either. I have had guys do to me & that’s a good way to ensure there will be no more rounds.

I don’t regret “sleeping” with anybody. I don’t regret not sleeping with anybody because I’ve been with everybody & anybody I wanted to. So far.

Maybe there’s something wrong with me but I remember as a teenager these two girls calling me a s**t in a loud whisper & I turned & gave them a genuine smile. It sorta dawned on me that I was supposed to be indignant or offended but that would take a lot of effort & energy; not worth it really.

I’m a total hypocrite because I see the “sexual revolution” as having been detrimental to society.

The only thing I have to love a man for is to have his child, otherwise; it’s just sex.

Old 02-24-2019, 04:19 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,098 times
No regrets here. I was never promiscuous.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:05 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
^^^ This for me too. After a few (very few) casual partners back when I was in my 20s, I realized that I simply did not get anything out of the experience, physically OR emotionally (although honestly, for me it's hard to separate those two things and I don't WANT to). On the other hand, the long-term relationships I've been in tend to start with decent to good sex and then it gets better and better as we continue to get to know each other (and, you know, maybe even love each other? what an idea! ).

I also realized decades ago that the idea of sex with a stranger is just bizarre to me. It's just about the most intimate thing you can do with a person, so why would you want to do it with someone you don't know at all (or even like) and vice versa? Sorry, that's a rhetorical question as clearly a lot of people LIKE sex with strangers (or relative strangers). OK, I guess FWB is also casual sex and maybe you know the person a little, but again, not interested.

Clearly I'm an outlier here, given the responses I've read ... but I simply cannot imagine sex without love (or at least being on the WAY to falling in love!). And that requires an emotional and intellectual connection as well as the physical. And when I have all those ... well, it's a very good thing.

No sure what an "outlier" is but I agree with you 100%.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:09 AM

16,266 posts, read 10,392,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattedCOdude View Post
Lol...excellent question. My answer is not so much "more" casual partners, but I definitely could have pulled the trigger on a few that I know would have. I can think of three young women during my college years whom we got to the initial flirting phase, but I never sealed the deal. Totally my bad...they would have been willing but I didn't act and they moved on. Can't really say it's a regret because things turned out ok for me...but if I could turn back time....lol!
You just described me, and most men if we were honest. I had a window from about age 20 until about 32 where I was told I was really good looking. But like you I had no game, especially the college years. I do look back at those years with regret, several woman said later that I had the chance but showed no interest. Damn, I was just too nice and of course not confident.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:06 AM

155 posts, read 118,971 times
No regrets here either. I was never promiscuous, don’t believe in casual sex. In my younger days, my sexual partners were people with whom I had a relationship with.

My best and most intense sexual partner ended up being my 2nd and current husband. I’m very glad I never bought into that one night stand frame of mind.

So I’m happily married to my second husband and in our 60’s are still experiencing wonderful intimate encounters or great sex lol.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:10 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You just described me, and most men if we were honest. I had a window from about age 20 until about 32 where I was told I was really good looking. But like you I had no game, especially the college years. I do look back at those years with regret, several woman said later that I had the chance but showed no interest. Damn, I was just too nice and of course not confident.
Bada Bing!

Old 02-24-2019, 08:15 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
No regrets here. I was never promiscuous.
I just finished watching Bohemian Rhapsody, my dating years was in the 80s where AIDS were full blown, 30 million people died of AIDS/HIV related. I was hearing people died left and right in the news from the beach community nearby. It’s not the time to be promiscuous.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:53 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,901,473 times
I didn't have as many opportunities as I would have liked way back when and now wonder if my nickname 'Stinky' might have been a deterrent

Old 02-24-2019, 09:08 AM

106,557 posts, read 108,713,667 times
i spent the 1970's to early 1980's on tour playing drums professionally ... it got to the point i just grew tired of that life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement