Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 04:42 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,518,673 times

Advertisements

Absolutely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 04:50 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,839,154 times
Oh my...what a thread.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:50 PM

2,592 posts, read 2,282,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
I regret that my 1st husband was my 1st and I regret marrying him but we don't truly know someone till we live with them. The marriage ended because he was extremely abusive. I remarried and never considered being with other men. As Paul Newman said, "Why Go Out For Hamburgers When I Have Steak At Home?"

So my answer is No.
Because sometimes I want a hamburger instead of a steak. ��

Old 02-22-2019, 05:20 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,156,553 times
I must say that I often miss clues and hints that someone is interested in me... It blows right by me and I usually don't realize what is actually being said, that is until after that person has packed up and left the vicinity. I often kick myself for being oblivious.

But at the same time, I "came of age" in the "What is going on here?" AIDS era when a LOT of people were dying. AIDS started just as I was coming into my prime. Paired with that great mystery of the day were all the young girls I knew who were children - toting around children of their own.

Those two things scared me to the point where in my twenties I ended up with two FB's who were as cautious as I - and fortunately for me as honest.

Later in life I was a contractor working all over the country, and I was careful not to get a reputation as an office tomcat. Probably too careful. Being a stranger in the places I was working and not fishing in the office pool didn't leave me with many other contacts.

All-in-all, my only regrets are not sexual, but relational. There are definitely two or more women in my past that I am very sorry I did not have a closer real relationship with.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:33 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,901,473 times
No regrets. I knew when I put the last notch in the headboard and the the whole thing collapsed into sawdust that I had met my quota. < Puffing out chest and hoping I don't awake from this dream for a while>

Old 02-22-2019, 05:35 PM

532 posts, read 445,441 times
Anyone regret NOT sleeping with more people when you were younger?

Nope no regrets.

When I was young and in the Marine Corps I slept in an open squad bay with 90 other guys so that's more than enough for me.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:40 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,630,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
Yes,
I would have loved to have more casual sex, but even now, the double standard still exists.
Sure. But it is entirely up to you if you want to buy that nonsense or not.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:47 PM

2,592 posts, read 2,282,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Sure. But it is entirely up to you if you want to buy that nonsense or not.
I agree,
I was in a sorority in college and lived with 50 girls. Our sexuality was on constant display and being judged. At that age it’s not easy to be your own person. Kudos to you for not buying into it.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:50 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,270,040 times
Default Relationship haiku (sort of...)

Been there, done that. Not doing it again (pre- and post- marriage)

I was married for 26 years. Most of those years were soul crushing.

Devloped a "crush" on my boss. It was the beginning of the end of my marriage (NOTE: nothing happened except I was deemed "delusional")

Post divorce, tried Match, etc. Met a bunch of nutjobs. Gave up.

Currently wallowing in my celibacy. I'm fine with that--who needs the drama??

POSTSCRIPT: Boss moved on to other jobs. Wound up with Lou Gerhig's disease. Passed away in in 2015.

Ex wound up remarried and lives in Texas. I wound up in Florida.

Life is f*cking weird....

Last edited by Daisy Grey; 02-22-2019 at 06:03 PM..

Old 02-22-2019, 06:41 PM

794 posts, read 1,859,790 times
I've been a musician for 50 years. I've had more opportunities to have casual sex and have had more women hit on my than I can remember. However, in 40 years of marriage I have never been unfaithful!!!!

YES, I do have regrets because 1 or 2 of those women could have become so much more than a casual relationship. One in particular was a very deep soul mate - without benefits. :-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement