Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 12:26 AM

19 posts, read 9,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I get it, NBB. I hate doing my taxes, too. Used to spend days in the frustration. Finally got a set of folders labeled Jan. through Dec. and save every receipt. I turn them all over to my tax lady and she takes care of it.

In my old(er) age, I've learned to turn over the things I hate doing to those who like doing them. Makes me a much happier senior citizen. (good luck with those nasty taxes)

Sounds like taxes are making us all grumpy right now for various reasons.

I'm with HOM, and many of the other posters here, NBB. Just throw the receipts in monthly folders and turn it all over and don't look back. We used to "do it all". Work, taxes, home repairs, house work, yard work, etc. But life is too short and there are so many more fun things we would now rather be doing. So like BijouBaby, we've been throwing small sums of money at various chores we no longer find rewarding and hiring help whenever we can. We have always been very frugal and we don't have a ton of extra money to throw around, but we find it is well worth it. (And the young people we hire really need the extra money.) So everyone wins.

For us, it's a matter of changing priorities. We are in the process of downsizing and simplifying our lives and using this time to re-evaluate old habits/assumptions. We are trying to identify and eliminate many of the friction points and make our lives less complicated to manage. Sounds like your priorities have also changed. So maybe it's a good time (once your tax crunch is over!) to look around and see how you can re-engineer parts of your life that are bugging you the most. You don't have to do it all at once. You can just focus on the most annoying things first and go from there. Even small changes can make a big difference in your happiness quotient and it just gets better and better once you start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 05:23 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
I used to change the oil on my car. Now I'm way to old to jack it up, secure it, crawl around under it, put the old oil in containers so I can transport it, removing the filter was sometimes difficult and messy and jack it down, just to save $20-$25.

Old 03-02-2019, 04:15 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,423,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Who, me?

Im a BROTHER, lol.

Ill post more later when im awake. Its past my bedtime now. I just got up to use the facilities, something i do frequently at night now.

OOPSIE! Many apologies, no harm intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement