Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 07:18 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
I have not tried this cream, but it got great reviews on Amazon. I had originally linked it on Amazon, but it showed my personal information so I deleted it. Look it up on Amazon.
https://medicinemamasapothecary.com/products/v-magic
https://www.carlsonlabs.com/key-e-suppositories.html
Thanks for this! I'm going to use up my Premarin (at $360/tube I don't want to waste it) but am going to try these products after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 08:42 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,271,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Several posters have complained about flippant remarks by male posters on this thread. I have tried to clean it up as best I could. But let me remind you this is a public forum and people have been treating "E.D." flippantly for years. So if you are very sensitive, please keep the conversation between you and your doctor. Please try to keep remarks on the topic at hand, and not whether older women are or aren't interested in sex. And fellows, we'll try to be respectful of your feelings if the topic of impotence is brought up.
yes - you are right - we do make remarks about ED - so be ready for the same back. Thanks for bringing that up.....

Old 04-04-2019, 09:03 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabella View Post
This can be easily resolved with an estrogen vaginal cream like Estrace. Please see your GYN or regular physician. I am a success story for it.
Yup..easy peasy...

Old 04-04-2019, 09:20 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
Thanks for this! I'm going to use up my Premarin (at $360/tube I don't want to waste it) but am going to try these products after that.
About the cost. I paid $40 at the compound pharmacy after gagging at $280 for a brand name.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:36 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,491,332 times
Has anyone tried the laser surgery?

https://www.plasticsurgery.org/news/...l-rejuvenation

Old 04-04-2019, 09:59 AM

11,128 posts, read 9,756,639 times
I would just like to add a vote here for just the basic post-menopausal dryness that might discourage intimate activity, the best lubricant I've found is Astroglide Diamond silicone gel. Be sure to get the "diamond" one. A tiny bit goes a long way, and it never dries out in the middle of everything and gets sticky, like the ones with glycerin do.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:07 AM

1,042 posts, read 874,047 times
I have it. I hate it. I do not use hormonal cream because of estrogen positive breast cancer. We mostly just use alternate ways of pleasuring each other, which, as a nice benefit, tones skin in lower face.

Sometimes, though, we so miss the almost spiritual intimacy, that, for us, we do not experience with alternative methods. For me, the worst of the burning pain comes directly afterward, so we keep a cup of crushed ice to apply directly afterwards. It really helps a lot. We also use tons of lubricant, and wait until he is "close" before he enters me.

These things help...alot. but I still miss the days before it was an issue.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:15 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
jaminhealth: DHEA is a hormone and the synthetic DHEA is no different. I've researched using DHEA for many years because it intrigues me; however, there are many warnings out there on its possible risk in elevating certain cancers such as prostate, breast, and ovarian cancers. So the DHEA seems to come with the same risks as using oral estrogen (topical estrogen has virtually no risks). I'm sure the DHEA does relieve some issues and it seems to do well with vaginal atrophy; however, I think we should be fair to others reading here that it seems to hold the same risks for increased cancer as oral estrogens. On top of that, some studies show that OTC DHEA in many forms is horribly regulated so a person wanting to take it would need to also ensure that they found a brand that produced a quality supplement.
I've taken DHEA thru integrative MD's for 20 yrs or so and no issues. I feel much more secure taking this nutritional supplement vs premrin or the estrogen products from pharma. thanks...

I've read LifeExtension's research over and over.

I can recall after menopause and I was struggling and broke down and took premrin and my breasts came up hard as rocks,,,got off that drug asap and that's when I found DHEA...all has been good and I'm 81 soon. I also take wonderful antioxidants to ward off, I hope, cancers. I have info in Alt Med here on the 4 models of cancers Grape Seed Extract addresses, and they are the ones you mention above and colon.

This is what I do and what works in my life and body.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:44 AM

399 posts, read 700,679 times
My internal medicine physician recommended coconut oil - the solid version. I prefer to keep using the Estrace since has minimal estrogen transfer and does rejuvenate the tissue. I also have insurance that keeps the cost down and a once a week dose is enough.

ETA: I am 67 and not slowing down in the bedroom.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:16 PM

989 posts, read 456,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've taken DHEA thru integrative MD's for 20 yrs or so and no issues. I feel much more secure taking this nutritional supplement vs premrin or the estrogen products from pharma. thanks...

I've read LifeExtension's research over and over.

I can recall after menopause and I was struggling and broke down and took premrin and my breasts came up hard as rocks,,,got off that drug asap and that's when I found DHEA...all has been good and I'm 81 soon. I also take wonderful antioxidants to ward off, I hope, cancers. I have info in Alt Med here on the 4 models of cancers Grape Seed Extract addresses, and they are the ones you mention above and colon.

This is what I do and what works in my life and body.

I realize I have touched a nerve with you and that's not my intention. Of course this is what you do and it's your body and I'm glad it works for you. I also use other alternatives and I am not against them. However, for the sake of transparency and to directly respond to this statement you made:

Quote:
I would not use any of the pharma drugs for fear of cancer issues.
Many people feel this way about the pharma drugs, but we need to be completely honest in that some non-pharma things can also have the same issues and DHEA also carries a cancer risk. Is it more or less than the pharma drugs, I don't know. But the risks are there and easy enough to find in your own research.

I think when we are providing our advice on a forum, it's important not to act like some of these supplements are 100% safe. Some are, some aren't, some have risks and people should know them before they decide to take that risk. It certainly is not meant to detract from your great experience with them and it's great to hear your positive story. I know it can be frustrating when it seems like someone is dismissing it and that's not what I was doing.

My husband was prescribed a few drugs for BPH. They don't really work and he gets side effects from them. His GP, who is Korean and dabbles in non-Western medicine told him to give Saw Palmetto a try. Well it took awhile to figure out what she said. He came home from his visit asking me to buy him some Raw Pimento. But he's now on his third container of the stuff and he swears it works. When he goes off it, the symptoms come back. He followed up with his urologist and told him that the BPH meds did nothing for him and, in fact, increased his urgency. He told him how well the Saw Palmetto worked and the urologist was PISSED (and dismissive).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement