Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 03:12 PM

3,550 posts, read 3,111,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I don't have any chronic pain, so here goes.

I can usually get a better smoke than what is the typical local grade. I have family and friends who are regularly going to bigger areas, some of which where recreational weed is legal, and bringing product back here for personal/friends/family use.

There is a major difference to me in the buzz between the higher grade/medical stuff I've had and typical local product. I barely get a buzz off most of the local stuff and tend to choke up. I don't choke up on the higher grade stuff and get a better buzz.

My father works somewhere where numerous chemists are present. One of them is a pot smoker. He takes the higher grade stuff and makes a kind of batter out of it that can then be put into typical pastries you'd buy at the supermarket. Dad made chocolate chip cookies out of that concentrate - they had a slightly spearmint like taste from the batter but were fine. I rarely get rolling from smoking, but I ate a whole cookie and it had me right as rain for awhile.

I have no idea why pot is illegal recreationally anywhere. Most of the cities around here have numerous breweries. There are some distilleries. There's a club in the next town where a lot of metal acts go and the alcohol flows freely. All of that is more dangerous than a bunch of stoners sitting in a cannabis lounge IMO.

Thanks for the post, but before this thread gets derailed into talking about young people using marijuana to get a buzz, I want to remind everyone that this is a thread in the retirement forum, and is about seniors who use it for medicinal purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 04:29 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
I’m going to Amsterdam next year, I’m going to find out the most expensive buzz I can find. Hell yeah.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:37 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,672,347 times
Amsterdam

Old 05-19-2019, 03:08 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,603,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Amsterdam

Don't you live in Las Vegas where it's legal now? Not that I wouldn't go to Amsterdam anyway.

I have my doubts about cannabis "boosting" my brain but I'm willing to give it a try. Me & my hippie friends back in the day would've qualified for Mensa if true.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:08 PM

We took a 10 day river cruise in the Netherlands in 2017.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post

I totally agree with you. Oh and I don't know if I said this before. Thank you for starting this post. It is about time cannabis came out of the closet and off the "psst... want some weed?" secret conversations.

LOL, if you met some of the ladies in my cancer support group you'd really find that funny. Some of them are almost cliches of the grandma next door who always had cookies available. Some are the classic "ladies who lunch." Beautifully coifed, spilling over with stories about their grandchildren, wearing designer tights to their Zumba class. Some are always cutting out early to go to some volunteer event. None of them are in any way the type to say "Pssst... want some weed?"

Old 05-21-2019, 03:07 PM

So more like, "Here have a hit of this." ?

Old 05-21-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:

LOL, getting closer, but they like the edibles, so it's more like more like "Oh you've got to try my newest recipe..."

Old 05-21-2019, 07:36 PM

6,592 posts, read 7,082,250 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
LOL, getting closer, but they like the edibles, so it's more like more like "Oh you've got to try my newest recipe..."
I'm a bit of both at the moment. I sent a friend two cartridges filled will cannabis vape juice. He had never tried it before. He called me the next day to thank me for the turn on. LOL I told him that it would feel fluffy. It was fluffy indeed. LOL 3 hours later after watching Heavy Metal on his TV.

Old 05-22-2019, 04:48 PM

By the way, be smart and keep your stash at home. Here's a video of a woman who was arrested at Disney World because she had a bottle of CBD oil in her handbag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od-8cjNokKQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement