U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 09:33 AM

3,472 posts, read 5,143,862 times

Advertisements

When building something and all else fails it would be my Fein MultiMaster. Lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 10:17 AM

13,202 posts, read 6,308,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
are you sure that is what he was looking at ? lol
Haha, nobody is at home, trust me, they are all at work.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:21 AM

7,612 posts, read 4,680,291 times
Favorite toy, my Roadtrek van:

Other than that, my mobile wireless router, which lets me connect anywhere it can see an AT&T cell tower. Really handy for use on the train, since Amtrak's wifi is laughable. 200 people all trying to use it at the same time...

Old 05-14-2019, 11:07 AM

4,621 posts, read 4,458,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Favorite toy, my Roadtrek van:
Very, very nice!

My favorite toy is "Tinia", my Vespa. Tinia is the god of the sky in the Etruscan culture. Same as the Roman Jupiter or the Greek Zeus. The Vespa was manufactured in Etruria, (today we call the place, 'Tuscany'), so figure it is an appropriate name for him.
Attached Thumbnails
Name your favorite toy-tinia1.jpg  

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 05-14-2019, 11:24 AM

98 posts, read 41,476 times
My ukulele's! I sang in a lot of choirs when I was younger and always wanted to do something musical again when I retired.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:47 AM

7,612 posts, read 4,680,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Very, very nice!

My favorite toy is "Tinia", my Vespa. Tinia is the god of the sky in the Etruscan culture. Same as the Roman Jupiter or the Greek Zeus. The Vespa was manufactured in Etruria, (today we call the place, 'Tuscany'), so figure it is an appropriate name for him.

Very sporty! Love the red.

I've always wondered: Vespas are easy to ride, right?

Old 05-14-2019, 12:37 PM

2,225 posts, read 1,096,227 times
Several at the moment, my trusty old Roomba, Alexa, solar fountain, and my Canon camera. They all give me joy, as what's-her-name says.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:09 PM

4,621 posts, read 4,458,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Very sporty! Love the red.

I've always wondered: Vespas are easy to ride, right?
Thanks. Dontcha know that red is the fastest color? Easy enough to ride, I guess. I'm a cyclist, so it is second nature to me. These "modern Vespa" bikes don't have gears. They are referred to as "twist and go". My friend did dump it one day when she made a very slow speed U-turn. She just didn't have any forward motion and cut the steering wheel too sharp. No damage, other than a bent brake lever which was simple to replace. It weight about 350 pounds. Light enough for the wind to blow me all over the road when at speed, but almost too heavy to pick up if it falls over.

This one is freeway legal and I've had it up to about 85 . . . going downhill with the wind behind me. At that point, the governor kicked in and wouldn't let me go any faster. It's a great 'run about' and I do a lot of shopping on it. You would be amazed what the thing can carry.

If you are contemplating getting one, be sure you have a well respected dealership near you to service the thing. Like all good Italians, they need to be caressed and nurtured with love. I've been warned off from the Portland and Seattle dealer, so will have to take it to Salt Lake City for service. Thankfully, my old dealer gave me a stash of oil and filters for the 3,000 mile oil services. Strongly consider a Honda scooter if you are looking. I was ready for another two-wheeled motorized bike/scooter and wanted to get the original. More expensive than most, but oh so classy! I'm not really a Harley type of guy.

Love the lack of graphics on your van. Makes stealth camping easy. Came very, very close to purchasing a used Mercedes camper, but it was owned by the old Cannondale Pro Cycling team and the back half was set up for transporting riders and bicycles to races and not really for overnight camping. Would have cost too much to make into a camper.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 05-14-2019, 01:23 PM

994 posts, read 380,928 times
I love our cars and my bike. My wife drives a six-year old Lexus that still looks great and my Macan, at four years old and 52,000 miles is still looking great.

I ride a recumbent. My best days in the past were 200-250 miles a day and as much as 750 miles in under 90 hours. I've given those up...too many distracted drivers on the road today.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:57 PM

10,321 posts, read 9,372,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
Ditto, gave us hours of fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or