U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 05:54 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,012,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
OK, that's pretty strong suspicion. ID is never needed to deposit, so if she said it is, that is suspect. Then the two debit cards.
No, at Wells Fargo drive through bank, ID is required for cash deposits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 09:33 PM

4,395 posts, read 1,666,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
No, at Wells Fargo drive through bank, ID is required for cash deposits.

Then just wait til midnight and use the night deposit slot. I wonder what the bank would do if you put the cash and deposit slip in the tube, and then drove away. Besides charging you a service fee.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:47 PM

10,813 posts, read 8,061,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Then just wait til midnight and use the night deposit slot. I wonder what the bank would do if you put the cash and deposit slip in the tube, and then drove away. Besides charging you a service fee.
Don't be so sure that would work. A few years ago we tried, in person, to make a cash deposit in our son's Wells Fargo account, in a town & bank branch where they knew us.
Long story short, it took some time to persuade them to accept our $500 in *cash*, yes legal US tender, and it took another several days before they credited it. Their explanation was "well, the policy is to prevent money laundering".

For the life of me, I don't know how WF stays in business. They're scum sucking bottom feeders.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:02 PM

7,640 posts, read 4,693,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Don't be so sure that would work. A few years ago we tried, in person, to make a cash deposit in our son's Wells Fargo account, in a town & bank branch where they knew us.
Long story short, it took some time to persuade them to accept our $500 in *cash*, yes legal US tender, and it took another several days before they credited it. Their explanation was "well, the policy is to prevent money laundering".

For the life of me, I don't know how WF stays in business. They're scum sucking bottom feeders.

A group of scum sucking bottom feeders called and said they resent being lumped together with Wells Fargo.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:54 PM

4,969 posts, read 3,455,934 times
I was advised, when going through financial difficulties, to get away from Wells Fargo. I did. Went to a neighborhood bank, who treated me just fine.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:23 AM

2,297 posts, read 2,681,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
She made a bank deposit, part of which was cash, requiring an ID. The ID was in the deposit bag, but missing when she returned the bag. Two of my business debit cards were compromised also when she worked here, both now replaced. Unexplained charges, perfume.com and an app.
Then just ask her where it is. You should have asked her about it right away, as soon as you noticed it was missing.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:44 AM

4,395 posts, read 1,666,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I was advised, when going through financial difficulties, to get away from Wells Fargo. I did. Went to a neighborhood bank, who treated me just fine.

I'll give them a year or two. They will be bought by WF or somebody just like them.

Old 05-17-2019, 05:49 AM

7,107 posts, read 1,783,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Identity theft.

Passing fake checks and presenting your ID.

How many places take checks anymore? And the photo on the ID? Unless they look alike I don't see how that would work.

But applying for stuff online, if they had the OP's SS number that could be a problem.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:02 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,012,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Then just ask her where it is. You should have asked her about it right away, as soon as you noticed it was missing.
I did ask her right away, just wasn't accusatory or confrontational. I asked her to go back to the bank, but instead she went out, searched her car, and said she called them.

As far as credit is concerned, it can't be touched as our assets are in an LLC. This is just a minor annoyance. If she did these things, then she may feel what many criminals do, that they are so clever they are outwitting everyone. This is usually a delusion.

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 05-17-2019 at 06:27 AM..

Old 05-17-2019, 07:16 AM

1,696 posts, read 610,929 times
I was a victim of a big time ID theft last year (long story... I called a number listed online as Yahoo customer support number with a question about my e-mail account, and things escalated to the point where the ID thiefs, under the guise of helping me with a temporarily locked mail account sign-in, were able to sign into my e-mail account themselves... FYI, Yahoo DOES NOT have a phone number for their customer support service - you can reach them only online, and all "Yahoo customer support phone numbers" listed on the Internet are fraudulent).

Anyway, I had notified all of my financial institutions when I realized what happened, and I also purchased a comprehensive monitoring plan with credit freeze from Experian. It costs $20 per month, it monitors everything, and it will also compensate you for up to $1 million in otherwise unresolvable financial damages from ID theft. I intend to keep the plan for as long as I live, $20 per month is very little for the peace of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or