U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 08:28 PM

7,663 posts, read 4,705,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
I told him i thought i just had an "outy" not an inny. Dont know how long it had been there...

I always thought if your outie got untied, you'd fly around the room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 12:49 AM

4,000 posts, read 10,447,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroad70 View Post
I had double umbilical hernia surgery about 6 weeks ago. Tomorrow is the last day of wearing the abdominal binder, I might be cheating by one day. I ended up having open surgery. It turned out great and returned my belly button back to an inny instead ouf an outy.
I know nothing about your topic, but I have to give you the Barbara Eden award for grabbing my attention in a way she wasn't allowed to.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:09 AM

25,024 posts, read 23,916,326 times
My inny has become level, so I'm starting to get scared.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:30 AM

10,461 posts, read 5,928,514 times
I had a ruptured appendix which required a second surgery due to infection. They gutted me from my belly button down, pulled out all of my organs, removed the abscesses, scrubbed the organs with saline, then returned them and sewed me up. The result is no real belly button but scars that makes me look like I have 3 belly button holes.

Hey you asked.

Old 05-17-2019, 04:08 AM

1,097 posts, read 716,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroad70 View Post
Say, what do those little black and white question marks mean and where did they come from? I guess that it means you question whether you are happy for me or not. Why the ambiguity? And, if you weren't sure, why did you even comment? Just messin' around. I am very glad you commented!
I
U+FFFD � REPLACEMENT CHARACTER used to replace an unknown, unrecognized or unrepresentable character

It's just an error, most likely. Ignore it, unless you know someone is trying to send you information in a foreign language, like Arabic or Russian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specials_(Unicode_block)

Old 05-17-2019, 07:33 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,479,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I had a ruptured appendix which required a second surgery due to infection. They gutted me from my belly button down, pulled out all of my organs, removed the abscesses, scrubbed the organs with saline, then returned them and sewed me up. The result is no real belly button but scars that makes me look like I have 3 belly button holes.

Hey you asked.
Wow, I had a ruptured appendix also but apparently I was much luckier than you. I had to stay in the hospital a little longer than just for an appendectomy and was basically just pumped chock full of antibiotics during my extended stay.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:26 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,065,316 times
Quote:

Hey you asked.

Pics please. It is a slow news day.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:59 AM

1,815 posts, read 1,138,119 times
Quote:

Hey you asked.
My wife had a ruptured appendix, it required a fairly long hospital stay and a long period of rest after and she felt like crap. The infection seemed hard to kill.

My wife recalculated my time with the binder and I took it off yesterday afternoon and did not put it back on. My guts are staying in so far. Glad you turned out OK.

Old 05-17-2019, 10:11 AM

563 posts, read 266,604 times
My husband had that surgery about 7 years ago. Believe it or not, his belly button is just flat now, no inny or outy.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:12 AM

4,669 posts, read 3,245,044 times
My son had bilateral inguinal surgery when he was about 2-1/2 months old. He's 55 now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or