U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 04:20 PM

16,455 posts, read 5,385,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I have found one on-line retailer that offers 50% discount on most CBD items with verified military service (via 214). DM for info.
Thanks, mschrief. I tried to DM you but got an error message saying that it's not allowed. Can you change your settings or DM me instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 04:28 PM

3,123 posts, read 1,063,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Thanks, mschrief. I tried to DM you but got an error message saying that it's not allowed. Can you change your settings or DM me instead?
Bluebird Botonicals does discounts for veterans and low income:

https://bluebirdbotanicals.com

Old 05-28-2019, 04:39 PM

16,455 posts, read 5,385,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Bluebird Botonicals does discounts for veterans and low income:

https://bluebirdbotanicals.com
Thank you, KaraZetterberg. I haven't used their products but have heard good things about them. I normally order from Green Roads World They may also have a military discount, but I never thought about using it because I'm not a veteran (but my husband is).

Old 05-28-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Thank you, KaraZetterberg. I haven't used their products but have heard good things about them. I normally order from Green Roads World They may also have a military discount, but I never thought about using it because I'm not a veteran (but my husband is).
Bluebird is very approachable. They Facebook and you can quickly connect with staff that way.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:46 AM

I think this is related, especially with respect to arthritis. I encountered a coup!e of interesting things today, which were new to me:

[1] Apparently there are a few strains of cannabis which have high levels of something called THCV, and unlike regular cannabis which gives some people the munchies, THCV is an effective and safe appetite suppressant, and recommended as a treatment for obesity!

[2] Juicing with raw cannabis leaves is an effective treatment for arthritis and osteoarthritis. Not just as a painkiller, but as both a preventative and it may also function in healing damaged joints (no pun). Not the dried flower you smoke, but the raw leaves and raw buds. You have to make sure there are no pesticides and since the taste is bitter, about eight parts carrot or other juice to about one part, or around 10 cannabis leaves. Daily.

Both products are hard to find, and impossible to find the second, so they recommend you grow your own. I hate gardening, so that's out for me. But the THCV sounds promising. Only, of course, in the states where it's legal!!!!

See:

THCV: powerful appetite-suppressing cannabinoid
https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis...ng-cannabinoid

Which Cannabis Strains Have the Highest Levels of Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)?
https://www.civilized.life/articles/...ocannabivarin/

Old 07-31-2019, 11:03 AM

5,042 posts, read 1,920,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I use cannabis edibles daily since retirement (I live where it's legal). The edibles high is excellent and is much different than smoking. It's a more relaxing feeling and full body sensation. If you get the right dose for you, you can work on edibles or pass as completely "sober" to other people. You don't giggle or act crazy, it's just a lovely sense of relaxation. I highly recommend them.
What dosage works for you?

Old 07-31-2019, 11:08 AM

5,042 posts, read 1,920,193 times
Quote:
I use Petra mints, which come in 2.5 mg. tablets. Petra mints are made by Kiva, which is a well-known manufacturer of chocolate bars and other edibles. These mints are probably "gumbo," a blend of different strains and would be considered hybrids, but the label doesn't specify. The ingredient list says "Cannabis extract."

As for THC building up in your body, I think it works the other way. If you use THC regularly, your your tolerance will build up so you need more THC to get the same effect. That's what happened to me.
Can you say what dosage works for you?

Old 07-31-2019, 01:59 PM

11 posts, read 1,681 times
I am counting down the days until it is legal here in Illinois. January 1, 2020. Can't wait. Those edibles sound so good, I have back pain and arthritis. The healing herb, I remember the pain killing feeling of smoking. Thank god this state threw out our GOP governor and JB arrived. The whole illegal thing was such a pain. Alcohol is right over the counter, drink until you die and nobody cared. But grow a plant in your closet? Get thrown in jail and fined. It made no sense. I am too old to be knowing a "dealer" or going to somebody's house that I hardly know to "score." That was ok in the 70's when I was a young man but no more. I can't wait to walk into a dispensary, buy some legal weed and take it home as a law abiding citizen. Don't criticize it, legalize it.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:20 PM

2,259 posts, read 2,389,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Can you say what dosage works for you?
Always start with 5mg or even 2.5mg for a true novice. Go up in 5mg increments as you go. ONLY TAKE 5MG the first time. The next day take 10mg if you want. I advise against increasing edible dosage in the same day for a novice. Better to smoke on top if need be then be stuck in a bad trip for hours.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:30 PM

327 posts, read 163,059 times
The thing about edibles is that they take about an hour to kick in so some people who have not tried them before think they aren't working and take additional ones and then it hits them hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement