U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 05:43 PM

3,123 posts, read 1,063,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJollaEast View Post
The thing about edibles is that they take about an hour to kick in so some people who have not tried them before think they aren't working and take additional ones and then it hits them hard.
I've heard about that, and often. I did that in the '60's with LSD. I survived just fine, but my prints were moving and winking at me. Give it time to work and don't overdo it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 08:44 PM

5,041 posts, read 1,920,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Always start with 5mg or even 2.5mg for a true novice. Go up in 5mg increments as you go. ONLY TAKE 5MG the first time. The next day take 10mg if you want. I advise against increasing edible dosage in the same day for a novice. Better to smoke on top if need be then be stuck in a bad trip for hours.
I think any "bad trips" are due to whatever is going on within an individual's psyche, and especially not from edibles, as many of them are mass produced (i.e., the mints) and probably don't vary much between batches.

I mean, if you take WAY too much, you might get an intense affect, but all of the talk about other-worldly paranoia I think must arise from within the individual.

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM

12,392 posts, read 12,593,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I wonder if anyone has ever tried sneaking weed back across the state line? A person could take a yearly vacation, and stock up at the same time.
The average state licensed dispensary sales in Oregon are about $240 per adult per year, except in the little town of Ontario just across the border from Boise, where average sales are over $1000/adult.

We used to sell a lot to Californians before they legalized it. It was a cute little dance of Oregonians going to California go buy hard liquor and Californians going to Oregon to buy pot.

I still stop at the border to buy a pickup bed full of booze any time I'm coming home from California. They have huge warehouse liquor stores there as a public service.

Old Today, 06:51 AM

11 posts, read 1,681 times
Those edibles sound so good. My back hurts right now as I write this. Illinois will be legal in 5 months. Can't wait. I have not smoked in years. It was too big a pain. First, I got old. When you get older, it is harder and harder to find anybody that smokes or knows where to buy weed. And everybody acts like growing weed is easy. It is not. Outdoors and there are all kinds of ways to get caught, indoors you have lights and electricity and the fear of burning your house down. You have to mail order seeds off the internet, and that has problems. From beginning to end, it is 3 and a half months of growing where you are in constant fear of being discovered. Over all, a nightmare when you just want some weed for some pain relief as an old guy. Finally, it is coming to Illinois and I am so happy. I can't wait to walk into a dispensary, put down some cash and walk out with some legal weed. Thank you to our new governor, JB!

Old Today, 07:34 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,907,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I believe that is an issue with Juul cartridges, which are flavored liquid tobacco. Cannabis vape cartridges don't have flavors added. The explosion issue is due to LIon batteries, which are also used in many other types of devices such as cell phones. These batteries do have the potential to explode, but it's rare, a one-in-a-million phenomenon, and these events are usually related to misuse of the device.
Cell phones and other electronics do not purposefully create heat like a vape pen does. It is a controlled short and sometimes the part controlling the short fails. It is very unlikely to happen, but there is a reason that it is more likely to happen with vape pens that most other devices.

Old Today, 08:59 AM

3,196 posts, read 6,971,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendellgee View Post
Those edibles sound so good. My back hurts right now as I write this.
They really are. I'm so glad I discovered them, it makes retirement even more relaxing and fun. Always remember that with edibles, you won't feel anything for 60-90 minutes, so be patient. They're wonderful for insomnia and minor pain. I had a toothache for weeks which no aspirin could touch, the edible took away the pain nicely. It's like a relaxation pill which makes everything more fun: eating, drinking and other pleasurable activities are maximized.

Old Today, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
They really are. I'm so glad I discovered them, it makes retirement even more relaxing and fun. Always remember that with edibles, you won't feel anything for 60-90 minutes, so be patient. They're wonderful for insomnia and minor pain. I had a toothache for weeks which no aspirin could touch, the edible took away the pain nicely. It's like a relaxation pill which makes everything more fun: eating, drinking and other pleasurable activities are maximized.
I can feel the effects of a 2 ml or 2.5 ml mint in minutes. The full effect might not present itself for an hour or so, but it is very subtle.

The mints are great and work great for anxiety.

My only concern is pesticides that are used on plants. I haven't seen any "organic" products, and am just hoping the plants are clean and good.

I read a theory that says that pesticides could be the toxins that cause the occasional "bad trip." Don't know if there is any truth to that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Old Today, 12:13 PM

Ha ha . . . I can't edit my post anymore, but it is mg., not ml.!!!!

Old Today, 12:22 PM

327 posts, read 163,059 times
Many of the large growing operations are growing indoors to reduce the need to use pesticides and they are able to use lights to control the growth of the plants. My husband and I have a side business and we are working on getting into the marijuana industry so we have talked to one of the large indoor growers in SoCal as they are interested in what my husband and our other business partner are developing.

Old Today, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJollaEast View Post
Many of the large growing operations are growing indoors to reduce the need to use pesticides and they are able to use lights to control the growth of the plants. My husband and I have a side business and we are working on getting into the marijuana industry so we have talked to one of the large indoor growers in SoCal as they are interested in what my husband and our other business partner are developing.
Good point. Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement