Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 11:06 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,106 times

Advertisements

I use cannabis edibles daily since retirement (I live where it's legal). The edibles high is excellent and is much different than smoking. It's a more relaxing feeling and full body sensation. If you get the right dose for you, you can work on edibles or pass as completely "sober" to other people. You don't giggle or act crazy, it's just a lovely sense of relaxation. I highly recommend them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 12:57 AM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I use cannabis edibles daily since retirement (I live where it's legal). The edibles high is excellent and is much different than smoking. It's a more relaxing feeling and full body sensation. If you get the right dose for you, you can work on edibles or pass as completely "sober" to other people. You don't giggle or act crazy, it's just a lovely sense of relaxation. I highly recommend them.
That's been my experience as well. I use indica edibles and have found them to be relaxing, but my mind remains clear and I can still get stuff done if I need to. A casual observer would never know that I'd been partaking unless they look closely at my eyeballs.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:47 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post

I stick to indica strains because they are more relaxing than sativas. It's more of a whole body sensation than a head high like sativas, which can cause paranoia and anxiety in some people. Indicas work best for relaxation and sleep. My favorite strains are AC/DC (high CBD) and just about any strain that's not too high in THC. (The high-THC strains tend to be harsh and make me cough).
I found your post helpful but wanted to clarify. You said you like AC/DC because it's indica? I looked it up and everything says it's a sativa. Maybe I read your comment wrong.

Quote:
you might be surprised to learn that ACDC is actually just a sativa-dominant phenotype of Cannatonic (although it actually contains an even lower percentage of THC, making it one of the least psychoactive and most medicinal strains available to the public).
https://www.marijuanabreak.com/acdc-marijuana-strain

Quote:
ACDC is a sativa-dominant phenotype of the high-CBD cannabis strain, Cannatonic. One remarkable characteristic of ACDC is its THC:CBD ratio of 1:20, meaning this strain induces little to no intoxicating effects. Tests have put ACDC’s CBD content as high as 19%, which helps many patients treat pain, anxiety, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and the negative effects of chemotherapy, all with a clear head.
https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/acdc

Old 05-24-2019, 10:28 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
After moving to a legal state CA I could never see myself moving to one that wasn't. Sure at first I was amazed but now I treat it like anything else....NORMAL. The sky isn't falling everybody is doing ok. The illegal hash oil plants are a concern and they should be prosecuted for it but otherwise people are just living their lives.

I love weed and CA for legalizing.

Next up hopefully MEXICO

Old 05-24-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I found your post helpful but wanted to clarify. You said you like AC/DC because it's indica? I looked it up and everything says it's a sativa. Maybe I read your comment wrong.

AC/DC is a hybrid. Most high CBD strains are hybrids.

Old 05-24-2019, 04:42 PM

344 posts, read 416,878 times
When I retired in 2015 I lived where it was legal. And once it was legal I used it recreationally in moderation. Within months of retiring i moved to where it was illegal and within 2 months of the move suffered a torn meniscus and the pain was among the worst I had ever suffered. The dr I saw said he didn’t recommend surgery unless I decided I couldn’t take the pain. I only used ibuprofen for the pain and probably pushed a sensible daily amount. After a few months of suffering I took a trip to Colorado to see if weed would help with the pain and it really was helpful, very helpful. I was too afraid to travel with any so I returned home and eventually the pain diminished and within about 7 months I was fine. I moved back to the legal state for a year and used recreationally on a fairly regular basis to no real benefit other than drinking less, so probably better for my body. But now I’m back to where it is illegal and not really missing it much. But when I was suffering in intense pain I was grateful for the brief break in my suffering. If I were to develop a condition where pain was frequent and intense I would consider relocating. They have medical right next door in New Mexico about 15 miles from where I am now. So I enthusiastically endorse seeing if it helps reduce pain. Far better, in my judgement, than taking a harsher medicine.

Old 05-24-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

No, you didn't read my comment wrong. I wasn't being clear. Thank you for pointing out that AC/DC is not an indica but is sativa-dominant. Technically it's a hybrid. Hybrids are sativa and indica strains that have been cross-bred. They're the best of both worlds.

I like AC/DC because the psychoactivity is very low, so it is relaxing without negative effects that I usually get from pure sativas. Yesterday I tried another hybrid, Cannatonic, which is higher in THC than AC/DC, but still quite relaxing. I also occasionally use Jack Herer, which is a sativa, but it seems to agree with me pretty well in small amounts.

With cannabis, everybody's experience is different, so it's good to try a number of different strains to see what works best for you. I once tried a vape cartridge called Kosher Kush that is a heavy indica and theoretically would be great for insomnia. But I could only tolerate a hit or two at a time because it was way too harsh on my throat.

The Leafly website is great resource for researching strains. You can search by medical condition, and it will give you a list of the strains that work best for that condition. You can also search individual strains for more information on THC content, flavor and effects plus reviews from people who have used it.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:56 PM

Can someone recommend a very mature cannabis forum ? I'd like to get into more of these discussions but the ones I found online wander off topic a lot of the time

Old 05-24-2019, 07:48 PM

6,593 posts, read 7,090,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Can someone recommend a very mature cannabis forum ? I'd like to get into more of these discussions but the ones I found online wander off topic a lot of the time
Huh? What is the topic?

Old 05-25-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I don't think there is one, CNYC. I've been looking for one, too, with no luck. All the forums I've found so far seem to attract either would-be pot farmers who want advice about growing it or stoner dude types who just want to talk about how high they get and share horror stories about bad trips. We really need a forum for people who are serious about cannabis as an herbal remedy. Maybe we should propose a subforum here at City-Data?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement