U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 04:13 PM

3,117 posts, read 1,057,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I wonder if anyone has ever tried sneaking weed back across the state line? A person could take a yearly vacation, and stock up at the same time.
I'm sure people do that, but it's risky. I don't have any statistics but it's not legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 06:03 PM

16,450 posts, read 5,381,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
regarding the original topic; I'm male, 65 years old. I live in Oregon where it's been legal for several years. I've been using Cannabis since 2011. I made brownies for quite a while and the effect for me was a significant loss of short term memory. I stopped making brownies several years ago. Now I just smoke about a third of a joint each evening. My short term memory is still impacted, particularly when it comes to driving. I sometimes forget how to get to my daughters apartment where she has been living for about 3 years. It's a good thing my wife remembers!
I don't want to alarm you, but what you're describing sounds more serious than short-term memory impairment. If you forget things that you used to know well, such as directions to a close relative's house, that isn't short-term memory, that's long-term. This is a reason for concern. Cannabis may or may not have anything to do with it. The short-term memory loss seen with cannabis is usually only temporary. Something else may be going on with you. I think you should be seen and evaluated by a neurologist.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I'm sure people do that, but it's risky. I don't have any statistics but it's not legal.
No, it's not legal. That's the bad news. The good news is that TSA agents are not looking for cannabis. They are focused on finding terrorists with explosive devices. If they do find weed, they will not arrest you. They will confiscate it and refer you to local law enforcement, who may or may not take any legal action.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
No, it's not legal. That's the bad news. The good news is that TSA agents are not looking for cannabis. They are focused on finding terrorists with explosive devices. If they do find weed, they will not arrest you. They will confiscate it and refer you to local law enforcement, who may or may not take any legal action.

TSA agents? I wasn't thinking in terms of flying with it, but driving. I can't imagine trying to fly commercial airlines with contraband, but people do that, too. Crazy.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
TSA agents? I wasn't thinking in terms of flying with it, but driving. I can't imagine trying to fly commercial airlines with contraband, but people do that, too. Crazy.
Yes, they do. It's risky. It's probably less risky to cross state lines in an automobile, but that depends on whether there are border checkpoints where your vehicle may be searched. I don't know much about that or how much of a risk that is. As a legal medical cannabis patient, I am so grateful to have the option to use it that I am not going to abuse the privilege by doing anything illegal.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:49 AM

2,259 posts, read 2,388,168 times
Has anyone seen the news. TSA now allows medical MJ. See the TSA website.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:12 AM

1,374 posts, read 668,724 times
My last flight, I got pulled over, and my purse searched....I had to much change in my wallet. I would never try to get away with anything. The sweat pouring down my face, would give me away.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:16 AM

15,249 posts, read 8,604,963 times
Quote:
It's not the only reason. School and access to other things are partly factors. People mean well but I'm astonished someone would recommend finding a local pot dealer, or going where it's legal and bringing it home to where it isn't. I have way too much respect for the law; they'll put your butt in jail, even if they're friends. They're required to.

My concern is moving somewhere that has med (but not rec) and being told my degenerative osteoarthritis and peripheral neuropathy is not sufficient to qualify. I'd have moved but be in the same boat I am now--no legal access. This might happen, for example, if I moved to Tucson. Maybe Santa Fe, too.
I think people are suggesting you use it WHILE you're in a location where it is legal. Might have to be a bit of an extended visit of several weeks to experience all the benefits but no one is telling you to break the law and transport it over state lines or anything. No pearl clutching is required...and you are considering using it even though it's not legal everywhere which I guess some people can't get their heads around?

Old 05-28-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I think people are suggesting you use it WHILE you're in a location where it is legal. Might have to be a bit of an extended visit of several weeks to experience all the benefits but no one is telling you to break the law and transport it over state lines or anything. No pearl clutching is required...and you are considering using it even though it's not legal everywhere which I guess some people can't get their heads around?
Pearl clutching?? Wow. Okay. Ageist and sexist at the same time.

You wrote: "no one is telling you to break the law and transport it over state lines or anything. ."

No: if you'll read through the thread, someone posted the exact and specific recommendation to buy where it's legal, and then take it home.

Post #32:
Quote:
Many friends in non-legal states just drive or take the train to the closest legal state and stock up for the whole year. no reason to leave your home unless you're up for an adventure.

not worth a move, but maybe only an occasional road trip. Always good to have a reason to take a road trip!

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 05-28-2019 at 09:08 AM..

Old 05-28-2019, 09:49 AM

28,619 posts, read 62,475,606 times
Quote:
...but I'm astonished someone would recommend finding a local...
Truly? Ask discreetly among friends and neighbors and you'll find someone nice to work with before lunch tomorrow.
You'll probably have lots of other common interests too. Link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement