U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 10:26 AM

2,968 posts, read 1,006,212 times

Advertisements

Better With Age: How Cannabis Improves Quality Of Life
https://herb.co/news/health/better-a...ulDoBK8EacIEuA

Marijuana is illegal in my state and I'm very law abiding, but I am considering a move now that my son has finished law school and is working. Wonder if having legal access is worth moving. I have degenerative osteoarthritis and a host of other ailments.

Also see:

11 Ways Cannabis Can Improve Your Life
https://herb.co/news/culture/11-ways...F8vJ8OTwKUIk44
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 10:51 AM

28,484 posts, read 62,101,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Wonder if having legal access is worth moving.
That comes down to your ability to source the amount you need without risk.
An ounce or two per year? Even at black market prices that isn't enough $$ to justify a move.

Once you have that stock on hand there's almost no additional risk to using it.
(Well, assuming you don't do that stupidly)

Old 05-21-2019, 10:54 AM

4,830 posts, read 4,944,472 times
Quote:
Better With Age: How Cannabis Improves Quality Of Life
https://herb.co/news/health/better-a...ulDoBK8EacIEuA

Marijuana is illegal in my state and I'm very law abiding, but I am considering a move now that my son has finished law school and is working. Wonder if having legal access is worth moving. I have degenerative osteoarthritis and a host of other ailments.

Also see:

11 Ways Cannabis Can Improve Your Life
https://herb.co/news/culture/11-ways...F8vJ8OTwKUIk44
If I were you I would take a vacation in Colorado for a week to try out our legal, local cannabis.

If it helps you might then plan a move.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:57 AM

3,584 posts, read 4,929,197 times
A lot of states have passed medical marijuana laws, but not sure the OP lives in one. I'm sure recreational will eventually be legal in many more states. Having small quantities is sometimes overlooked, but I get the OP's not wanting to break the law, plus it could be kind of icky to find if it's illegal.

Some friends came back from Colorado with edibles. Definitely the way to go. No fuss, no muss. If I were to partake regularly again, this would be my option.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
If I were you I would take a vacation in Colorado for a week to try out our legal, local cannabis.

If it helps you might then plan a move.
One of my ailments is breathing problems. I think the thin air and cold of Colorado are counterindicated.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
One of my ailments is breathing problems. I think the thin air and cold of Colorado are counterindicated.
Then try sunny California.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Then try sunny California.
No thank you. How about sunny Las Vegas?

Old 05-21-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
No thank you. How about sunny Las Vegas?
Sure. Here ya go

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...nevada-628101/

Old 05-21-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Yes, I want to move across the street from this place:
Quote:
NuWu Cannabis Marketplace, just north of downtown, is billed as the stateís largest dispensary, and itís owned by the Las Vegas Paiute tribe. They accept online orders to be picked up in person, and have a 24-hour-a-day drive-through. It sells everything youíd expect from a full-service shop, plus extras like THC-laced dog treats. Itís also home to the occasional Native American art fair, with crafts made by local tribes.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:34 PM

16,414 posts, read 5,349,421 times
I am 70 years old and have been using cannabis daily for three years. (It's legal here.) My quality of life has improved noticeably. I sleep better, have more energy and less anxiety. I even lost weight, believe it or not. Cannabis is known for causing "munchies," but I find that with regular use this hasn't been a problem at all. Maybe this is because cannabis can help regulate your blood sugar level. I don't have the cravings for sugar that I used to have. My 78-year-old husband has never used cannabis and is not a good candidate for it due to heart issues (THC can cause rapid heartbeat). Instead he uses CBD oil for his knee and hip pain, and he says it does help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement