U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 07:49 AM

34 posts, read 9,268 times

Advertisements

Somebody already beat you to it. A few years ago this guy invented a drink that was designed to cover all of one's nutritional needs. It's called Soylent. I've never tried it, but apparently it is an acquired taste. From Wikipedia

" Rhinehart used to view food as a time-consuming hassle and had resolved to treat it as an engineering problem. He blended the ingredients with water and consumed only this drink for the next thirty days. Over the course of the next two months, he adjusted the proportions of the ingredients to counter various health issues and further refined the formula."

I think it comes in a powder so you'll still need your blender
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 07:52 AM

5,939 posts, read 5,295,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
My jawbones and my teeth have been saying for some time now: Can we retire now too?

Showering? I only shower once a week now, cat baths in between! I never thought the day would come when showering would seem to be a chore!

Shaving? Once a week too!
Cat bath ? ? ? So you lick yourself clean?

Old 05-25-2019, 07:54 AM

8,182 posts, read 11,902,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
While reading your title, I thought you were talking about giving up Dip.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I thought I had seen it all in the retirement forum until now. I guess some people really are bored out of their minds.
Same here. I had been considering giving up reading the Retirement Forum due to all of the off-topic, somewhat ridiculous (for this particular forum) threads that have been popping up more and more frequently, but I have resisted the urge because there are still many quality threads. However, I think this is the thread that has finally convinced me it's time to move on.

Or at least to take a break.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:01 AM

25,971 posts, read 32,970,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Yes, it would be the height of laziness, but why not!!

Every night I have a fairly big salad and it can take quite some time to chew it all down, and I've been thinking: Why not just put it into a blender and drink it instead!!!! And save myself a lot of work! After all, I'm retired now, and don't I deserve this luxury!!!!

I'm even thinking of doing it with other food I labor over, getting it down the hatch. Just blend it instead!

I still have good teeth, but why does it take so long to get it down the hatch?
Clearly you were desperate to post something today.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:22 AM

11,969 posts, read 5,106,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Ditto.

Same here. I had been considering giving up reading the Retirement Forum due to all of the off-topic, somewhat ridiculous (for this particular forum) threads that have been popping up more and more frequently, but I have resisted the urge because there are still many quality threads. However, I think this is the thread that has finally convinced me it's time to move on.

Or at least to take a break.
Unfortunately, this is the one forum where any thread title that pops into someone's mind no matter how unrelated and silly it is, doesn't faze the moderator to remove it.
I follow it because I'm getting close to retirement and there are some really good relevant threads but they have become fewer and fewer.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:23 AM

27,093 posts, read 5,882,815 times
You live in hot southern AR and shower once a week?
Feeling cool refreshing water is a hardship???

I thought you meant tobacco dip....

You go right ahead and drink your meals. It's fine with me. ()

Old 05-25-2019, 10:01 AM

6,213 posts, read 4,718,283 times
I don't see any reason for a moderator to remove a silly thread like this. I just paid attention to the name of the OP and filed it away in memory. I guess some people should be happy online posting is anonymous.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:03 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,582,286 times
Bass-O-Matic could be your solution!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HKTx5WFcs0

Old 05-25-2019, 11:35 AM

5,767 posts, read 4,825,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Cat bath ? ? ? So you lick yourself clean?
Hahahahaha!

Old 05-25-2019, 11:44 AM

5,434 posts, read 4,083,759 times
Keep in mind the op posted in the economic forum a complaint about credit scores when he got turned down. He was upset when he didn’t return some cable equipment and his score took a hit. He didn’t feel that was fair. He also said he relied on astrology on picking tenants and said I was lazy for not researching the validity of astrology.
Kind of a strange bird overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or