Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 02:47 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
And what's next? Give up showering? Breathing?

Wiping!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 02:50 PM

3,546 posts, read 3,113,643 times
You can't give up on Chewie when you retire because he's the only one who made it into every Star Wars movie.

Old 05-25-2019, 02:56 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,749,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Yes, it would be the height of laziness, but why not!!

Every night I have a fairly big salad and it can take quite some time to chew it all down, and I've been thinking: Why not just put it into a blender and drink it instead!!!! And save myself a lot of work! After all, I'm retired now, and don't I deserve this luxury!!!!

I'm even thinking of doing it with other food I labor over, getting it down the hatch. Just blend it instead!

I still have good teeth, but why does it take so long to get it down the hatch?
You're in Tucson, just eat tamales and refried beans if you don't care about texture...

Old 05-25-2019, 05:11 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Keep in mind the op posted in the economic forum a complaint about credit scores when he got turned down. He was upset when he didn’t return some cable equipment and his score took a hit. He didn’t feel that was fair. He also said he relied on astrology on picking tenants and said I was lazy for not researching the validity of astrology.
Kind of a strange bird overall.
You could at least know the symbols for the signs of the zodiac. Gemini rules birds. So you're wrong, I'm not a strange bird, I'm a Ram! And you sound like you could be a Goat! Both Pence and Trump are birds, and birds go tweet-tweet!

I do like to cook, and I just made some lasagna yesterday, which doesn't require much chewing. The way I make my salads is I add cut up cauliflower, broccoli, Kale, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery and carrots, Argentine style. I usually make up a huge batch and eat it for 5 days. Chewing all that is a lot of work!

Last edited by tijlover; 05-25-2019 at 05:40 PM..

Old 05-25-2019, 05:18 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times
Why go to so much work? Just buy baby food.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:42 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
Why not just chop it into very fine pieces? You could use a food processor or a vegetable chopper. Adding salad dressing and then processing would let you drink it from a mug or glass.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:31 PM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
My sentiments exactly.

In addition, I guess we're supposed to think the OP is nuts, when others freely share that they've been following him around the board, and that [according to their notes ] he's a "strange bird." He's a strange bird?

When I read that thread title, I laughed my asinine off. Some sour and dour types simply have no sense of humor.
Yep, just assume I'm a sour person. I frequent the economics forum and just happened to come upon his credit score post. Not following him around at all as I am always over there. I guess you probably use astrology to make your financial decisions too so I can see why you might think I am the strange one since I don't.
You also probably think credit scores should be not used to judge whether someone qualifies for a loan too just like the OP.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:54 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
I'm not a dentist but I'm pretty sure that chewing is good for you because it increases circulation in your jawbone and that's good for your teeth.

And I LOVE texture in my food- living on purees, no matter how healthy the contents, would be boring!
Chewing helps release saliva and mixes it with your food, which is important for good digestion. As said, it keeps your jaws and teeth in better condition.

This reminds me of the segment of the "Seven Deadly Sins" movie, about sloth, directed by Jean-Luc Godard. The key figure is hungry, so he stops at a cafe, but is too lazy to go in, so he asks his woman friend to get him a sandwich. But in an afterthought, he tells her to get one made of paté------because it's easier to chew. She's a beautiful woman and she wants to have sex, but he declines, saying that it's too much work to get dressed afterwards.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:13 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I first thought it was about chewing gum, I like to chew gum. It’s strengthened my jaws, keep the dentist away. That on top of eating an apple a day.
Shows the Cultural difference...

Being from Texas people talk about chewing, that's referring to tobacco. I thought he was going to give up his Skoal.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:15 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Wiping!
Use your left hand. Shake with your right.

Ever wonder why many cultures don't shake hands ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement