U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 07:31 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,321,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I had priced Guns and Roses a year or so ago, nose bleed seats were over $100. I guess I won't ever see them. They don't make it affordable for fans.

That's pretty much why I don't go to concerts any more. I can't see spending that kind of money on tickets. I do regret a tiny bit not seeing Tom Petty on his last tour. But I have no patience for high ticket prices and rowdy crowds any more. I think I am officially old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 07:57 AM

78,749 posts, read 33,503,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
That's pretty much why I don't go to concerts any more. I can't see spending that kind of money on tickets. I do regret a tiny bit not seeing Tom Petty on his last tour. But I have no patience for high ticket prices and rowdy crowds any more. I think I am officially old.
The industry has flipped. Bands used to tour to support album sales. Now music is created to support tours.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:32 AM

3,551 posts, read 1,647,282 times
Two years ago we went to a Moody Blues concert celebrating the 50th anniversary of the recording of Days of Future Past. Tickets were $40, which was pretty awesome compared to what a lot of concerts cost these days. The second half of the concert was the entire album, played in order. We're in our 60s, and we were some of the youngest people there, LOL. Pretty funny to see all these 80 year olds still wearing their tie-dye and concert t-shirts (many from when they FIRST saw them, which actually was pretty cool.)

Old 06-09-2019, 01:04 PM

217 posts, read 70,118 times
Quote:
Another reason not to attend anymore is all the drunks who decide to sing along with their favorite songs. I go to hear the band/singer, not a bunch of off-key fans.

BTW, some insanely rich guy in my neighborhood threw himself a 70th birthday party last night for 150 of his closest friends and had ELO perform. If you lived close enough you could hear, sadly I couldn’t hear it. He originally wanted Fleetwood Mac but their price was much higher.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:58 PM

14,216 posts, read 44,870,326 times
Not 76 but 77, I remember being a sophomore in college, and the Stones were putting on a concert in Atlanta, nearest big city. And a lot of us thought, "Well, better go see that Stones concert, they have been around awhile, this may be their last concert." How wrong can you be? I could have won some considerable bets as to how many more years the Stones would be touring. They are still at it and I am now nearing retirement age.

"Every cigarette you smoke takes an hour off your life. And gives it to Keith Richards"

Old 06-11-2019, 07:10 PM

12,287 posts, read 15,181,947 times
What, no Disco Duck? Disco was coexisting with rock but not yet dominating the scene. I think my favorite was "Don't fear the Reaper," by Blue Oyster Cult. The album I listened to the most, on 8-track, was Aerosmith's "Rocks."

Old 06-11-2019, 08:31 PM

472 posts, read 93,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
"Every cigarette you smoke takes an hour off your life. And gives it to Keith Richards"
And for the environmentalists....

Old 06-11-2019, 08:38 PM

1,026 posts, read 386,553 times
Quote:

I stopped attending concerts when the music sounded better with my earplugs IN rather than OUT.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:09 PM

3,139 posts, read 3,504,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
I stopped attending concerts when the music sounded better with my earplugs IN rather than OUT.
Agree! So damn freakin LOUD that you could barely make out the song, much less the words. My clothes and hair vibrated and I never even saw the musicians. Nothing like concerts were in the 70s.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:10 PM

5,154 posts, read 8,684,984 times
Smile I was in a limo with BOC once

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
What, no Disco Duck? Disco was coexisting with rock but not yet dominating the scene. I think my favorite was "Don't fear the Reaper," by Blue Oyster Cult. The album I listened to the most, on 8-track, was Aerosmith's "Rocks."
Lead singer's brother lived down here and we were friends. Got invited to the concert; went in the limo.
Went down the wrong way on Hollywood Boulevard (Pines Boulevard now) speeding to get there. Cool laser show. Great concert.

We were backstage after and the food had been sitting there for hours; all gross; really had to feel sorry for the guys night after night. I'm sure it got old but they loved it.

Really cool night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or