Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 10:04 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times

Advertisements

As we get older we lose cushion in the bottoms of our feet. This can cause all sorts of pain and should be expected. For women especially this is true if "stylish" shoes were worn in younger years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 10:12 AM

47 posts, read 35,073 times
Just now joining this thread. As a previous poster mentioned, turmeric may be supportive in arthritis management and support a healthy inflammation response!

Old 06-18-2019, 11:52 AM

2,634 posts, read 3,691,761 times
You could try acupuncture and/or chiropractic adjustments. If you can find a practitioner that is good, both should make a difference in your foot pain. (I'd go to the Chiro first.) //// My podiatrist wanted to give me an injection, and I wouldn't allow him to do that. HOWEVER, he did recommend some shoes (that cost about $130 in my area) that are absolutely WONDERFUL -- the problem is that they are SO ugly -- but I've seen women, in good clothes, wear them to church! LOL Seriously.
Secondly, he sent me to physical therapy to correct my way of walking, and the PT did wonders too. //// The shoes are Brooks Cascadia, and you can get them in almost any sporting goods store. I bought two pair, and I wear them all the time -- sometimes even to bed at night. LOLOLOL I wore SAS shoes for almost 15 years -- but these Brooks are even much better than SAS.

Old 06-19-2019, 03:05 PM

705 posts, read 561,804 times
My husband and I never had feet problems but after living on a concrete foundation in our previous home for so many years we both suffer from plantar fasciitis. Neither of us can go barefoot in the house anymore. We both wear Crocs in the house because of the cushioning.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:48 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
As we get older we lose cushion in the bottoms of our feet. This can cause all sorts of pain and should be expected. For women especially this is true if "stylish" shoes were worn in younger years.

I still have fat pads, but because of how my toes are lifting up the fat pad is moving forward where it no longer fully protects my metatarsal heads. Hence. metatarsal pain.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:45 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
I get foot pain as well. I've found that it's worth it to go spend a bit more on super comfortable shoes. I like to walk and I now own two pairs of Hoka brand tennis shoes. Love em very much and they have made a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement