U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 06:16 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,247,221 times

Advertisements

This is a shortened version of what happened.

There was a woman named Karen, who found out via word-of-mouth about me. Because her friend had sat with me and they were both from a European country, she asked me to read for her. Only I did not know that Karen was originally from a different country.

Karen asked me to read for her. I did it all the time in the law enforcement agency because word quickly got around. I sat with her and found myself in the same country as the other woman. Now, I was new there and I had no idea that they were both of the same origin. Weirdly, I began to "see" her home in the old country. It looked the same as (let's call her Alice) Alice's original country. I could see the same places, and all. I remarked that it looked so much like where Alice was from - then Karen began to laugh and said that they didn't want to tell me ahead of time, but, yes, they were from the same place. So, that solved that for me.

THEN....Karen asked me when her husband would die. Now, I never met him, I knew nothing about him except he was a bit older than she. Unfortunately, I sometimes call what I do "Dropping Too Low." That means I went into a trance state - just for about a minute (not that common) - and, apparently, she asked me when her husband would die. I supposedly gave an exact date. I did NOT remember this AT ALL. It was a very short time that I fell into that trance state.

Now, NO ONE from the agency told me about this. IF I had known I gave a specific date, I definitely would have made something up or done something. But NO ONE told me! So, I never knew.

Three years later her husband died on the exact date I predicted. I had been transferred to a new location, so did not know about her husband's death. Apparently, she had a total nervous breakdown, kept calling me "The Devil" and they had to take her to a mental hospital. When she got out, she transferred to a whole different department.

I was always afraid of running into her because I did not know I had said it. And I was mad at the other employees for not telling me - I would have made something up. But I never knew until she had her breakdown and she accused me for her husband's death.

Fast forward 3 more years. I ran into Karen at a grocery store. I was in the dessert aisle. I saw her coming. I froze. I didn't know where to run to! I just wanted out! She kept walking toward me and I honestly thought she was going to punch me. Instead...she came up to me and gave me a big hug and was very sweet. I had no clue what was going on.

Three weeks later, I was attending her funeral. She had cancer, but I did not know. I think her giving me the hug was to say that she realized that there really is a time and place for everything. And she was not afraid, and she felt like it was meant to be. Now she'd be with her husband.

My point is, don't envy or be afraid of people like me who sometimes can see or hear or feel things you or others may not. It is not easy. But I think that with Karen, it showed that there is an expiration date on us all. I don't know when mine is. I can't read for myself. (Weird, huh?)

At any rate, I do believe that we live on in some form. I don't want to die. I don't want to leave my daughter. But it IS how life is. We are born, we live, we die.

If anyone gets any consolation from this, I hope it helps. And also please keep in mind that people like myself are not always visible. Those horrible psychic fairs give people who are naturals a bad name. If you ever decide to see someone like me, ask around for a referral, find out if they were exactly correct, did they have to "feed" them information, and things of that sort.

Anyway, that's my story for now. Point being: there does seem to be a date to be born, and a date to die. Don't worry about it. Enjoy the today for now! Enjoy every day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 12:32 PM

147 posts, read 23,172 times
Wisteria, if you can predict the exact date of death of someone you've never even met, surely you can predict the next powerball numbers right?

Old 07-09-2019, 12:42 PM

1,981 posts, read 2,733,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston196 View Post
Wisteria, if you can predict the exact date of death of someone you've never even met, surely you can predict the next powerball numbers right?
Shame on you. Be nice.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:27 PM

3,919 posts, read 2,888,205 times
Terrified. That doesn't mean I worry about it all the time; I don't.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:16 PM

13,350 posts, read 25,617,103 times
No. No religious beliefs to trouble me. I worry about degraded living or suffering but not dying.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 8,093,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I worry about degraded living or suffering but not dying.
That's me. It's just me and my wife. We have one daughter but she's far away. I used to worry about dying when I was young, but not anymore.

Old Today, 01:35 AM

4,456 posts, read 2,632,495 times
No, I am NOT afraid to die....again.

I died at work some 25 years ago, due to anaphylactic shock resulting in my heart failure and death.
I had been to the dr, was diagnosed with walking pneumonia and given a strong antibiotic to kill off the infection, instead it killed me. (Puns intended).
Had i NOT been at work when it happened, i would not be here.
I was registered clinically dead for 7mins 40secs. It took 4 shocks to restart my heart, had thec4th not worked, the EMTs were going to give up.

I DON'T tell anyone (except 3 people closest to me) what happened during those 7 + mins as I dont want to enhance nor detract from anyone's beliefs or experiences.
So DON'T ask me to tell!

One way or another it will be the final ( well, maybe) syep we must all take alone!

I hope the next time I die it is as quick as the last time!

I agree we should allow PA suicide, and I don't like the word suicide in that phrase.

We consider it humane to euthanize animals, yet we make humans suffer needlessly when it would be THEIR choice to be put out of their misery.
I think that is a definite double standard!

Well that about sums up my stance on the subject...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or