U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 03:01 PM

3,551 posts, read 1,651,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Congratulations on living!

You might suggest to the doctors they do a side story on spouses who hang in there too.

just a thought.

I love to see articles like that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 03:22 PM

2,292 posts, read 2,678,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Thank you all so much for the very kind comments. I appreciate it greatly! Rather than respond to everyone here, I wrote bring notes via the rep system.

Absolutely.
Mad Man - you are a very well liked poster, as you can tell from all the responses you got on this thread. It's so odd how many of us feel like we know other members, but we actually don't in real life. I often wonder if people recognize my user name and what they think of me. I usually feel quite invisible and that's okay - I'm fine with it, but I do really appreciate it when people send me a private message or respond positively to something I post.

Anyway, all that to say that I do hope you post back with how you're doing, etc. And thank you so much for the rep comment you gave me. Very much appreciated.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:23 PM

4,691 posts, read 2,542,465 times
That's wonderful news. Are you going to link to the journal article when it comes out?

Old 06-20-2019, 03:46 PM

3,364 posts, read 2,700,882 times
Wow! My husband had stage 4 bladder cancer, his treatment prior to surgery was about 8 months of in-hospital IV chemo, but only 4 days in-hospital every time. It was very rough on him, I canít imagine how worn out you must have been!

Congratulations on a fight well fought! All the best to you and your wife.

And congrats on the in cognito fame, too!

Old 06-20-2019, 06:21 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,153,447 times
MMoB,

Congratulations!

I learned of your cancer about the same time we learned about our daughter's breast cancer case.

I did not realize how serious your case was until now. It is an amazing modern medicine miracle. I am a firm believer in allopathic medicine. There have been 2 cases of breast cancer in my family with my daughter being the survivor. Her cousin discontinued her chemo treatment and passed away shortly after switching to herbal alternative medicine!!

You, my daughter and all the patients who are willing to undergo painful treatment enduring many horrible side effects are heroes. You are living testimonies of the saying "What does not kill you make you stronger". I was amazed to learn of your extensive travel after your treatment. My daughter has been in training with a group of breast cancer survivor to climb the Grand Teton next month. She completed her mountain climbing course (which is more rigorous) last weekend.

Life is short but I am certain that you will have a very long one. I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years. I hope to continue reading your upbeat, no-nonsense, rational and witty posts at CD forum for many more years.

Warmest regards and best wishes,

Bella

Old 06-20-2019, 07:44 PM

56,013 posts, read 54,523,130 times
Good story. Keep living. That'll show 'em!

Old 06-21-2019, 01:14 PM

28,237 posts, read 39,879,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Mad Man - you are a very well liked poster, as you can tell from all the responses you got on this thread. It's so odd how many of us feel like we know other members, but we actually don't in real life. I often wonder if people recognize my user name and what they think of me. I usually feel quite invisible and that's okay - I'm fine with it, but I do really appreciate it when people send me a private message or respond positively to something I post.

Anyway, all that to say that I do hope you post back with how you're doing, etc. And thank you so much for the rep comment you gave me. Very much appreciated.

My wife and I were lucky enough to meet him and his wife when they lived in Las Vegas. They are a really nice couple.

Old 06-21-2019, 02:21 PM

996 posts, read 346,626 times
Congrats! Glad to hear you overcame cancer and it's horrid treatment process.

(I am giving credit to the fabulous view from your condo. )

Old 06-21-2019, 03:58 PM

2,292 posts, read 2,678,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
My wife and I were lucky enough to meet him and his wife when they lived in Las Vegas. They are a really nice couple.
That's wonderful! I've met about 8 fellow CD members that live in my area and become good friends with a few of them. Two, including a former mod, turned out to be total weirdos - lol. But for the most part, it's been really fun to get to know people from here.

If anyone's ever in my area and we've interacted (in a good way - I haven't really had any negative experiences with anyone from CD) - I'd love to meet you!

Old 06-21-2019, 05:07 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,239,300 times
Very glad to read this MMoB. I hope you enjoy every minute of it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or