Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 10:39 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times

Advertisements

I have noticed that as I age, people who are roughly my age, are not as attractive.

Many people have not been aging 'well'.

It seems to me that most people my age, have not taken care of themselves. They tend to be overweight, heavily wrinkled and are often wheelchair bound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 10:50 AM

50,706 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I don't find this to be the case. In fact, there are many times now I'll watch a movie or TV show from back in the day, and back then I thought of the lead actress or actor as "old" (she was probably middle aged) and therefore not attractive, but when I watch it now I think "Wow, she was really beautiful".

Old 06-21-2019, 10:53 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I think as I get older, I see more beauty in people. Sometimes you have to look past the outside package.
I like this. Same here. I see beauty in the lines of older faces now.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:44 AM

233 posts, read 155,195 times
Default yes/no game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I find it to be a relief actually. I remember the days I'd find someone really attractive in a store, and I'd try to sneak in as many "pictures" of that person as I could, knowing I'd never see that person again. Then the accompanying sadness!

I really don't know if mankind is turning out more unattractive people or is my age a factor? Even those starring in movies, it's rare I find anyone attractive in movies today. Unless it's Jim Caviezel or Keanu Reeves in it.

Is this something that happens when you get older, and what will it be like when I turn 80?
Maybe I do play while out, but not consciously, usually in my easy chair and it's just a stupid game.
I never really noticed that in the general public, but when I play at home, I did it knowing there isn't a snowballs chance of it ever becoming real. Just a bad habit and a game.

Tho I'm a bit different. Usually people were breast fed and got the very valuable hormones we all need .

I didn't til recently, so I took some Liposomal Colostrum, and I took it as another supplement to my healing regimen, cuz I had a stroke in late 2017, and what I noticed was, when seeing a taped old show, that a "no" suddenly became a "yes". I never thought that would happen.....It was quite shocking for me.

It's that paradigm shift I got last year from taking the colostrum, but my holistic dentist noticed I was healing better than expected from some extractions, so I got a witness to the healing, tho just me noticed the other change. And my perception shift, which was weird at first, has co-mingled rather well in a year.

I'm the same guy, but different.

Old 06-21-2019, 12:10 PM

314 posts, read 238,323 times
Default ...she's about a mover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullin2 View Post
Fewer physically attractive? Heck no -- they're getting better looking all the time.

In my 20's, I thought women 18-20 were hot.
In my 30's, it became women 18-30.
In my 40's, well, you get the pattern.
Now I'm in my 60's and find gals from 18-60 looking pretty hot.

My world is filling up with good looking women!
Interesting development. I like it.
For me, I have been attracted to women of all ages and colour.
While serving in the 'Desert in '03 - '04, I was with soldiers half my age. When the question of who was hot, they named persons of public renown, all of who were under thirty. When they asked who turned me on I said:
Martha Stewart
To which a twenty-three year old said I liked MILFs. It was my first time hearing the expression.

Last edited by JohnnyLackland; 06-21-2019 at 12:32 PM..

Old 06-21-2019, 01:12 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
As I grow older I become much more aware of their ugly games
This.

Who has time for games.

I can understand why some people stay single forever and choose to go throughout life, without a partner. I can see it clearly now. A lot of those people are happier.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:34 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,199,915 times
Actually I am thinking fewer and fewer people are finding me attractive.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:48 PM

104 posts, read 95,923 times
At 53 it seems like the older people get. They give up on their teeth, hair, body and just let their gut hang out. THey allow hair to grow out of their ears and eyebrows. They allow their teeth to get yellow and their feet to get gnarly. They also seem to lose their conscientiousness and manners.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:56 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLackland View Post
Interesting development. I like it.
For me, I have been attracted to women of all ages and colour.
While serving in the 'Desert in '03 - '04, I was with soldiers half my age. When the question of who was hot, they named persons of public renown, all of who were under thirty. When they asked who turned me on I said:
Martha Stewart
To which a twenty-three year old said I liked MILFs. It was my first time hearing the expression.
People forget Martha Stewart started life as a photo model. Once I mentioned to a young woman in my office that she looked like Elizabeth Taylor. She was insulted that I would compare her to an elderly hag. Of course, I had a 20 year old Elizabeth Taylor in mind. I had a similar response from mentioning that a young woman looked a lot like Katherine Hepburn.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:04 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,205,244 times
The cashiers at my supermarket wear awesome hot uniforms. I love going in there.

https://gensanteam.files.wordpress.c...31232537_o.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement