U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 06:48 PM

1,566 posts, read 578,242 times

Advertisements

I am usually sitting on my family room sofa, using my laptop. My SiL got me a "Slate Mobile Laptop Desk" and I love it, because it has a build-in mousepad and makes it easy to sit on the sofa. I also like to sit out in our courtyard, but it is too hot here now to be outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 07:05 PM

2,288 posts, read 2,677,094 times
I only read and/or post on CD when I'm at home on my laptop. I have never used it on my phone or iPad. I keep and use my laptop on my kitchen table. CD is the first thing I check in the morning after I look at the weather forecast. Then I move on to email and facebook.

I'm a bit addicted to CD and check it multiple times a day. I subscribe to many threads and look forward to updates from others, etc.

My kitchen table, where I sit and use my computer also has a beautiful view of my backyard and my bird feeders and a small lake that's in my backyard. It's peaceful, calm and a great way to start my day with my usual 2 cups of coffee before I switch to drinking V-8 juice. In between reading and posting on CD, I look up and bird watch. Great start to my day.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:17 PM

23,554 posts, read 17,535,380 times
Probably 50%-75% at the office. I post maybe 10%-20% from home. I post some from bars with my laptop or iPad with bluetooth keyboard.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:19 PM

13,191 posts, read 6,308,074 times
Mostly on my living room sofa while my husband’s watching TV. Always from my iPad so it’s need WiFi. Either on my vacation in my bed but never on my iPhone. Too small, I can’t read properly.
Mostly after I eat breakfast or a big lunch, or a big dinner. Never before bed, I can’t read tiny font after a certain time. I mostly play games after a certain time.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:32 PM

468 posts, read 83,751 times
Sometimes on my phone while waiting for public transit. Sometimes between meetings or appointments. Most times on the pc at my work desk at home.

This one is embarrassing: Ever so often, while using my phone either before or after a shower. This one is also quite embarrassing: Sometimes while at an event and things are going slow.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:49 PM

3,399 posts, read 3,962,033 times
I use a laptop and use it at the kitchen table when I have time to be on it for awhile, on the kitchen counter when I only have a few minutes to check on something, in the LR with the TV as background, and in bed when I am done for the day. I take it with me where I stay, as I go away to pet/house sit at other peoples homes. I set it up in a convenient place and I can access C-D, email and anything else I desire online whenever I want. It goes with me when I go to visit my daughter. IOW, my laptop goes with me whenever I am away from home.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:09 PM

5,431 posts, read 2,758,123 times
I have a desktop in my room and post there. Usually, I get up and check all the news and see what's happening in the world. Then I check my other forum and finally, I check City Data. Sometimes I just log in to see what's going on, other times I find a lot of threads I want to post in.

By the time I'm done, I'm ready for breakfast.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm usually up late at night, so my get up time is anywhere between 10am and 2pm (today it was 4pm), so I'll be having stuffed shells that I'm going to start making in a few minutes. In other words, breakfast will be about 8pm today. Tonight. Whatever.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:17 PM

5,164 posts, read 8,687,150 times
Smile See below

I am at a desktop computer.

When I was a teen, I had pen pals. I actually met quite a few of them.

I was good at doing the background stuff rather than being "outfront" like my sibs so this was a good activity for me.

CD is kind of like my pen pals from years gone by.

I was your typical preteen and teen with pictures of groups and cute guys all over my room.
My sisters just didn't relate because they had this in real life. They had the cute guys.

I mean, I went on to have relationships but my first crush was on a lead singer in a band. Yes, I have met him a few times too.

I love music and all those romantic lyrics. See, I thought they were true. And, sometimes you get lucky with that.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:24 PM

356 posts, read 109,012 times
First of all I'm not a "regular" here, I only post when I'm in a phase of spending a lot of time indoors, like when it rains a lot or there is other bad weather.

I'm old school. I HATE using a phone for internet, it's awkward.

I sit down at my desktop computer in my living room if and when I post.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:06 PM

5,208 posts, read 2,074,192 times
Sitting on my couch with my iPad mini, which I enjoy. Sometimes I have done so while sitting in bed or can use the Desktop computer, but prefer sitting on the couch now, my device elevated by pillows, with the TV or Stereo on, being quite comfortable. I'm up late usually, having been affected by an upstairs neighbor who up during the wee hours, unfortunately. If I am out somewhere or with others, that is my focus, so I normally would not do this.

Since getting involved in CD, I have somehow developed being able to type rather quickly on this small device, utilizing my forefingers and left thumb...haha..(good thing there is self-correcting), but I suppose it is similar to those regularly texting on a phone, which I am not in the habit of doing with that small keyboard, I don't know how others do it. If I use the desktop computer, I will automatically begin typing normally - nice to never lose that.

Anyway, it's been a diversion for me and like giving opinions (duh), appreciating other's humor, thoughts, etc. It's nice that there are various topics and many contributing. Since retired, it allows for some more communication that I had prior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or