U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 08:27 PM

56,046 posts, read 75,108,724 times

Advertisements

I like telling this story I find it funny bek it is true
Eharmony I met her on line after a few months of chatting and blond cutie photos flew to meet her in Nashville
There she was in the parking lot —Quasimodo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 09:16 PM

57,184 posts, read 55,440,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I know , my humor tends to be overly sophisticated
...for a fifteen-year-old boy.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:33 PM

5,232 posts, read 2,553,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I like telling this story I find it funny bek it is true
Eharmony I met her on line after a few months of chatting and blond cutie photos flew to meet her in Nashville
There she was in the parking lot —Quasimodo
My daughter did online dating a couple of times. One time, she called me from the parking lot of the restaurant to say that there was a man with cerebral palsy walking into the building. She said she had a bad feeling. She went in for dinner, and sure enough, he forgot to mention his spasm disability. She called from the bathroom in the middle of the date to say she was terrified he was going to stick his fork in his eye.

Buyer beware!

Old 09-01-2019, 10:54 PM

5,232 posts, read 2,553,107 times
Did I kill the conversation? Apologies. More on topic ...

My last personal experience with online communication was where I was asked for a photo, I sent one, and the other guy sent me a picture of his dog.

Crushed

Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM

242 posts, read 88,887 times
Maybe it is the women I have met online, but most seem to have a lot of baggage. Ex husbands, kids, money problems, etc. I dated a woman I met on line about 7 years ago. She was divorced twice. In a short amount of time, it became clear I was on deck to be husband 3. When I did not move fast enough, she dumped me and married some other guy in a month. Now she is divorced from him. She is no doubt looking for husband 4 now. I guess as you get to be a senior, and you are on a dating site, beggars can't be choosers.

Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM

10,331 posts, read 3,948,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp61616 View Post
Maybe it is the women I have met online, but most seem to have a lot of baggage. Ex husbands, kids, money problems, etc. I dated a woman I met on line about 7 years ago. She was divorced twice. In a short amount of time, it became clear I was on deck to be husband 3. When I did not move fast enough, she dumped me and married some other guy in a month. Now she is divorced from him. She is no doubt looking for husband 4 now. I guess as you get to be a senior, and you are on a dating site, beggars can't be choosers.
Speaking as a woman, I think men should avoid women who have been divorced twice. They are often looking for husband #3. I know a woman in her sixties, who is looking for husband #4 now. She hates working and loves spending money. If a woman can't live alone single for a while, she's probably not financially self-sufficient. A man should look for a woman who's been single for a number of years and is okay with being on her own.

Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM

73,146 posts, read 72,951,203 times
i will go right to the local college if i ever want another wife ... ha ha ha ...

say , did i tell you that you look just like my next wife ?????

Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM

2,497 posts, read 880,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If a woman can't live alone single for a while, she's probably not financially self-sufficient. A man should look for a woman who's been single for a number of years and is okay with being on her own.
And I would give the same advice to a woman looking for a man. My late husband had been divorced twice. We dated for 6 years and I could see that he lived on less than he made, was debt-free except for a manageable mortgage and was NOT looking for someone to prop him up. The guy I'm dating now (divorced only once) has similar behavior.

Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM

4,706 posts, read 4,587,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaboy View Post
Ive heard Eharmony actually rejects people they deem "unmarketable" That would be most of us!
Tried Eharmony twice, I think. Both times, they accepted me but said they had no matches. Ouch. Hopeless!

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM

4,819 posts, read 3,347,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
volosong[/b];56079339]Tried Eharmony twice, I think. Both times, they accepted me but said they had no matches. Ouch. Hopeless!

Don't feel rejected, Volosong.
Same thing happened here. But they took my money (a lot of it, stupid me) and I was never matched with anyone.

I look in POF but do not pay for any of it...... but have left messages and the replies are usually the same, I just don't think we'd be a match.

It's probably a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or