U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 05:46 PM

73,192 posts, read 72,988,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Mathjak, they get paid $35 an hour just to be naked. I thought it was easy money for senior citizens but I quickly realized thatís hard work, to stand still for so many minutes.
I wanted to photograph models in the nude - but they keep telling me to get dressed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 05:48 PM

I will just tell the young girls I am filled with great maturity and deep emotional insight .....
That should get em ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It's because typically your age is the first thing they see in your profile. People can set filters for a certain age range and exclude everyone outside of that age range. They'll never even see the profiles of, say, women over 45 if they want younger.

I met my husband through match.com. Age is on every profile.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:06 PM

17,460 posts, read 17,742,628 times
I just read the recent posts on this thread and had some good laughs. Thanks.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:31 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,009,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibay View Post
Once you run a background check on someone have you ever questioned the person involved about the results or just assume the results are accurate?

Always wondered how accurate they really are. (never ran one)
Well, just to see how accurate they are, I ran a search on myself. The search found my 2 marriages and a girlfriend I lived with for 6 years. It also found everywhere I'd lived for the past 35 years, several of my brothers and sisters, and other information that was also correct.

I did ask the women I did searches on about any discrepancies. That was the most interesting part. Most wanted to evade and obscure any explanation, but the one I'm currently corresponding with was either truthful, or her explanations sounded reasonable to me, so I decided she was a keeper.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
When Iím 62, I will list my age as 26. Maybe Iím dyslexic.
Damn , I am 66 , that wonít work

Old 09-03-2019, 02:01 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,009,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
There's a guy in my Garden Club who's widowed- maybe late 70s. At one point I was close enough and in good enough light to read the 3 metal "dog tags" he always wore: "Stents", "Diabetic" and "Warfarin". Ummm, no!

And I totally agree on the perils of getting married late in life- probably not gonna happen for me. I'm still open to relationships, though.
I to "have concerns" about getting married at 66. I don't think I will. The two times I've been married haven't really worked out for me financially. When you marry, you are giving the other person the ability to totally wreck your credit, and drain your assets. Too many think that your money is our money, and their money is their money.

But as Athena says, I'm still open to a relationships, I just need to check with my financial adviser and my lawyer, about the implications of a long term relationship and so called, "common law marriage".

Old 09-03-2019, 02:22 PM

486 posts, read 518,446 times
My husband and I met on eHarmony. We werenít retired, but I was in my early fifties and he was in his early sixties. We lived eighteen miles apart and even had mutual acquaintances. We never would have met without online dating.

Old 09-03-2019, 03:37 PM

2,513 posts, read 887,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
When you marry, you are giving the other person the ability to totally wreck your credit, and drain your assets. Too many think that your money is our money, and their money is their money.
I think you were married to my first husband! Fortunately, my second was FAR better.

Quote:
But as Athena says, I'm still open to a relationships, I just need to check with my financial adviser and my lawyer, about the implications of a long term relationship and so called, "common law marriage".
Common-law marriage is pretty deliberate. You actually have to tell people consistently that you're husband and wife. It doesn't just happen by default after X years of cohabitation.

To me, the bigger risk is just ending up with someone very needy or whose tastes exceed his budget (and yes, I realize there are female versions of this). Been there, done that and I did WAY too much to keep the peace. And how do you break up with a 68-year old guy who's unemployed, living with you and has no assets and a $1,500/month SS check?

Old 09-03-2019, 03:52 PM

I admit I am needy ..I wonder if my picture still comes up when you look up the word . But that is because I donít want to think anymore at home .. I let my wife make most of the daily decisions about stuff ...

The best was we were in a restaurant and the waiter says to me would you like bread sir ? I said to my wife , Do I want bread ? She said no , you donít like bread ..... I said did I ever eat bread? She said no you never ate bread ..I said okay ..so I turned to the waiter No bread ....he just looked at us in disbelief ...he couldnít believe he just witnessed this ...oh man it was hysterical seeing that reaction

Old 09-03-2019, 03:56 PM

14,013 posts, read 6,699,167 times
At least my husband is much smarter. He told me to pick whatever and he’ll be happy to eat. That’s how it is at home anyway. I just serve him food and he eats. Why would eating out be any different when we go out.

In the re-marriage front, I could be convinced if the guy is a billionaire. Add smiley face here in case somebody thinks I’m serious. You never know with the internet nowadays. Robot knows no humor.

Last edited by NewbieHere; 09-03-2019 at 04:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or