U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM

14,020 posts, read 6,706,386 times

Advertisements

Mathjak, where are you in Chicago, we’ve never been there. I might go there when airfares go on sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM

73,215 posts, read 73,010,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Mathjak, where are you in Chicago, we’ve never been there. I might go there when airfares go on sale.
Well we are back in New York now but we spent 5 fabulous days on the magnificent mile in downtown Chicago...we are hoping to go back again before winter... there was so much to see and do we did not get to do all of it

Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Well we are back in New York now but we spent 5 fabulous days on the magnificent mile in downtown Chicago...we are hoping to go back again before winter... there was so much to see and do we did not get to do all of it
What about the picture, is that New York or Chicago? It looks nice to visit.

Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM

Quote:
What about the picture, is that New York or Chicago? It looks nice to visit.
Chicago .... being a photographer I posted some Chicago pics over on the Chicago forum here .
There are more at the end of the thread also.

great trip to the gold coast

Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM

4,829 posts, read 3,354,556 times
Are we still talking about online dating?? Cuz I have something to say. hahahah
Well I just went through a spell of feeling lonely and thought I'd give POF another shot. I'm not a paid member. Didn't think that would guarantee me a sure thing. After all, I'm old.

One man I chatted with wanted to know if I got FOX news with my indoor antenna. Fascinating.

Others don't accept messages from women over a certain age. Or they want women to be a paid member. Some are into drag racing, motorcycles, camping in the wild, stuff I'm not at all interested in (like I said, I'm old). Whatever happened to nice quiet dates, dinner, movie, walks.

These are not young men I'm talking about.

I think if that's what's out there, I don't want any of it.

Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,373,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Are we still talking about online dating?? Cuz I have something to say. hahahah
Well I just went through a spell of feeling lonely and thought I'd give POF another shot. I'm not a paid member. Didn't think that would guarantee me a sure thing. After all, I'm old.

One man I chatted with wanted to know if I got FOX news with my indoor antenna. Fascinating.

Others don't accept messages from women over a certain age. Or they want women to be a paid member. Some are into drag racing, motorcycles, camping in the wild, stuff I'm not at all interested in (like I said, I'm old). Whatever happened to nice quiet dates, dinner, movie, walks.

These are not young men I'm talking about.

I think if that's what's out there, I don't want any of it.
Have you considered the seniorpeoplemeet site? You can complete your profile, read profiles and decide if you want to pay.

Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
Have you considered the seniorpeoplemeet site? You can complete your profile, read profiles and decide if you want to pay.

That is one of the many sites I have tried. Been doing this for a long, long time.

Thank you for the thought!

Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM

My buddy is on plenty of fish .... in one weekend he had over 100 responses ....he lives up state and my wife and I happened to be there that weekend .. my wife was going through the responses with him helping him screen them .. it was just nuts

Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM

Nice quiet dinner dates and dinner are for the birds. Walking on the beach is also another. Those are stuff from chick flicks. Unfortunately some women believe them.
I’m not sure I want a quiet dinner at my age either. Too boring for me.

Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Nice quiet dinner dates and dinner are for the birds. Walking on the beach is also another. Those are stuff from chick flicks. Unfortunately some women believe them.
I’m not sure I want a quiet dinner at my age either. Too boring for me.

Different strokes for different folks.

Do you ride motorcycles? Do you go to drag races? Hey, I can fix you right up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or