U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 02:15 PM

2,537 posts, read 898,335 times

Advertisements

I enjoy complementary interests as long as they're not "fanatic", as I mentioned before. I learned a ton about European history from my second husband as we traveled- never took a single History class in college and took the minimum in HS. I, on the other hand, was able to deal with multiple European languages (reasonable fluent in French and German, could fake my way through the rest except Hungarian) so it helped us get around and read signs. I loved dealing with investments; he was happy to leave them to me. Current BF is avidly interested in politics but that's made me take more notice of what's going on. (Typically I "cram" before voting and make my decisions based on research the last few days.) He loves soccer and I'm also learning about that. It's an issue only when one person has no interest in something and the other INSISTS that they must participate as a couple. I think that in healthy relationships there are a few separate interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 02:22 PM

73,297 posts, read 73,074,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
I enjoy complementary interests as long as they're not "fanatic", as I mentioned before. I learned a ton about European history from my second husband as we traveled- never took a single History class in college and took the minimum in HS. I, on the other hand, was able to deal with multiple European languages (reasonable fluent in French and German, could fake my way through the rest except Hungarian) so it helped us get around and read signs. I loved dealing with investments; he was happy to leave them to me. Current BF is avidly interested in politics but that's made me take more notice of what's going on. (Typically I "cram" before voting and make my decisions based on research the last few days.) He loves soccer and I'm also learning about that. It's an issue only when one person has no interest in something and the other INSISTS that they must participate as a couple. I think that in healthy relationships there are a few separate interests.
As most here can guess I don’t do anything I am not passionate about so yep I am a fanatic .... so I guess you can say everything I choose to do I am obsessed about .... I was never one to be average at anything I set out to do ..with me I am either obsessed and need to learn all I can about it or I have to live and breath it being the best I can .

There is no middle of the road . If I don’t have that passion for something I just don’t bother and if I do I am an obsessed fanatic. I am like the rain man.

But this is all spelled out in the manual I come with THE PROPER CARE AND FEEDING OF MATHJAk , written by my mom

Old 09-06-2019, 11:04 PM

5,269 posts, read 2,564,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
He is a fit guy my age , 67 ......he is wealthy .... but he never lets them know that ..in fact while he collects classic cars and drives a late model Porsche , his date car is a Honda ......

He owned a glass and auto repair place in Brooklyn ....well it was smack in the middle of where they wanted to build the new Barclays center ....they bought his business for millions
You have such good stories about what men want in a woman, like a boat with a good motor, but what do men have to offer other than money or a desire for money?

Old 09-06-2019, 11:08 PM

5,269 posts, read 2,564,511 times
Quote:
As most here can guess I don’t do anything I am not passionate about so yep I am a fanatic .... so I guess you can say everything I choose to do I am obsessed about .... I was never one to be average at anything I set out to do ..with me I am either obsessed and need to learn all I can about it or I have to live and breath it being the best I can .

There is no middle of the road . If I don’t have that passion for something I just don’t bother and if I do I am an obsessed fanatic. I am like the rain man.

But this is all spelled out in the manual I come with THE PROPER CARE AND FEEDING OF MATHJAk , written by my mom
Where does the math thing fit? As in Matthew, or math?

Old 09-07-2019, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
You have such good stories about what men want in a woman, like a boat with a good motor, but what do men have to offer other than money or a desire for money?
i can take out the garbage cans.

but i think it is because i give my wife a purpose .

she cooks--i eat

she cleans-- i make things dirty

it is a cycle that goes on daily ha ha ha

Old 09-07-2019, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Where does the math thing fit? As in Matthew, or math?
matthew ....i suck at math

Old 09-07-2019, 08:04 AM

14,057 posts, read 6,724,733 times
Quote:
i can take out the garbage cans.

but i think it is because i give my wife a purpose .

she cooks--i eat

she cleans-- i make things dirty

it is a cycle that goes on daily ha ha ha
She cleans too? In the nude or in nice panties? You have it made. My husband cleans up. After eating Iím done for a few hours. But Iím always last to eat.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
She cleans too? In the nude or in nice panties? You have it made. My husband cleans up. After eating I’m done for a few hours. But I’m always last to eat.
she actually cleans before the cleaning lady comes here . she is such a neat freak and i am oscar madison ..

i was watching tv the other day laying on the floor with a row of crackers lined up on my chest ... she comes in the room and is like freaking because they were not on a plate but on me ....

just this morning i went in to the bedroom to practice and my wife is getting ready to go in to the shower so she is just standing there undressed .. i totally bypassed her and went right for my drum sticks so i could play ... my how times have changed ha ha ha

actually i am not so good at cleaning up either ... i won't eat off anything i wash ... i think she married me because i am just a trophy husband lol , either that or felt sorry for me because i am so needy , likely #2 .

Old 09-07-2019, 05:31 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,737,491 times
Quote:
she actually cleans before the cleaning lady comes here . she is such a neat freak and i am oscar madison ..

i was watching tv the other day laying on the floor with a row of crackers lined up on my chest ... she comes in the room and is like freaking because they were not on a plate but on me ....

just this morning i went in to the bedroom to practice and my wife is getting ready to go in to the shower so she is just standing there undressed .. i totally bypassed her and went right for my drum sticks so i could play ... my how times have changed ha ha ha

actually i am not so good at cleaning up either ... i won't eat off anything i wash ... i think she married me because i am just a trophy husband lol , either that or felt sorry for me because i am so needy , likely #2 .
Belly eating! Hilarious! And so many foods taste better that way. Maybe not lasagna or soft boiled eggs - lol.

Old Yesterday, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Belly eating! Hilarious! And so many foods taste better that way. Maybe not lasagna or soft boiled eggs - lol.
my wife is a saint putting up with me and my antics ...

one of our first dates was to a local park so i said i would make us lunch ... so i make us some sandwiches..

now being a guy i don't take care to individually wrap everything so i just toss it in a plastic shopping bag like the supermarket uses ..

well she goes to eat hers and there is something hanging off her sandwich .. further look shows it is a piece of a shoe lace .

evidently i used that bag to transport my running shoes to the gym and the lace broke ... oh man i was hysterical but she was in shock .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or