U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM

5,269 posts, read 2,564,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Oh , well I donít want those kind of girls that are only interested in the bulge in a mans pants óó his wallet
Please be patient with me - trying to figure this out. What men have to offer is they eat dinner when it is served to them, they like girls with big motors, and they don't want girls to look at their pockets.

Come on now, that's not entirely fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:44 AM

73,297 posts, read 73,074,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Please be patient with me - trying to figure this out. What men have to offer is they eat dinner when it is served to them, they like girls with big motors, and they don't want girls to look at their pockets.

Come on now, that's not entirely fair.
yep , by george i think ya got it ....

Old Today, 05:19 AM

12,388 posts, read 15,374,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
You have such good stories about what men want in a woman, like a boat with a good motor, but what do men have to offer other than money or a desire for money?
In some communities the ability to drive at night. To do household repairs. And some women still want sex, so the ability to perform.

Old Today, 09:56 AM

73,297 posts, read 73,074,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I hate to say this, but the women of a certain age may be attractive, but the men are not!

That is my experience.
I find that the older women at our gym seem to look better and take better care of themselves then the older men .... I find them to be far more disciplined as far as exercise and diet .....

So many times there will be a few older women on the treads in front of me and I will say to myself wow they are still pretty hot ... sometimes one of them will be my wife in the mix and I donít realize it because she has so many gym outfits ....

Old Today, 12:16 PM

6,982 posts, read 3,859,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp61616 View Post
Maybe it is the women I have met online, but most seem to have a lot of baggage. Ex husbands, kids, money problems, etc. I dated a woman I met on line about 7 years ago. She was divorced twice. In a short amount of time, it became clear I was on deck to be husband 3. When I did not move fast enough, she dumped me and married some other guy in a month. Now she is divorced from him. She is no doubt looking for husband 4 now. I guess as you get to be a senior, and you are on a dating site, beggars can't be choosers.
I found that to be the case as well. I'm very happy, independent, and not husband material. I was interested in a slow and casual relationship but I suddenly became grandparent material for kids and families I had never met, and really didn't want to know, with all sorts of drama. I have enough drama on my own with friends and family. That and the growing list of honey-do projects, including shoveling manure out of horse stables, pretty much dampened my enthusiasm for on-line dating.

Old Today, 01:24 PM

253 posts, read 91,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I found that to be the case as well. I'm very happy, independent, and not husband material. I was interested in a slow and casual relationship but I suddenly became grandparent material for kids and families I had never met, and really didn't want to know, with all sorts of drama. I have enough drama on my own with friends and family. That and the growing list of honey-do projects, including shoveling manure out of horse stables, pretty much dampened my enthusiasm for on-line dating.

Yes, meeting the family was strange. I was being dusted off for husband number 3, yet some in her family seemed to have little interest in me. I suspected they figured wait and see if this guy makes it down the isle. We went out with another couple once and the other woman said "so this is the latest one" or something along those lines. Red flags, and like you I was looking for a slow casual relationship. In a month she gave me the key to her house and I had a drawer in the bedroom. She dumped me in, of all places, a wal-mart parking lot. I told her I thought things were going too fast. She said things were not moving fast enough. This was at the 4 month mark. Not what she wanted to hear, and her exact words were "we're done." I was going through the newspaper about a month later and there was her marriage notice. Joke was on her, the guy was kind of a con man and moved right into her house with his young daughter from HIS first marriage. She stuck it out for 5 years before she divorced him. On to husband 4 for her I guess. So that was probably my most successful experience of on line dating. Kind of sums it up I guess. I have plenty of bad date stories, but those will have to wait for another time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or