Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 04:37 PM

705 posts, read 562,006 times

Advertisements

I'm not single BUT this just a word of warning, please be careful....to anyone meeting people online. I watch way too many shows on ID and if I were single I'd be afraid in this day and age to date anyone I met online. Lots of horror stories for seniors as well as young people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 04:39 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
The thing is that women get devalued with age, and men do not.

I was an attractive female. I think of myself sometimes as "formerly attractive."

I really wonder about men who are so ego-based and insecure that they MUST have a younger woman - and if they have money, they can usually accommodate that - BUT - who wants someone who is actively USING them?

When a man of privilege "obtains" a younger woman (really pays for), how do they live with themselves? Do they not know that the woman is there for the $ and benefits?

So self-deluded.

To me, the above scenario is the exact same as women paying CASH MONEY for a mate.

Really tacky to say the least, and doesn't say much about one's character.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:50 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post

I was an attractive female. I think of myself sometimes as "formerly attractive."

I really wonder about men who are so ego-based and insecure that they MUST have a younger woman - and if they have money, they can usually accommodate that - BUT - who wants someone who is actively USING them?

When a man of privilege "obtains" a younger woman (really pays for), how do they live with themselves? Do they not know that the woman is there for the $ and benefits?

So self-deluded.

To me, the above scenario is the exact same as women paying CASH MONEY for a mate.

Really tacky to say the least, and doesn't say much about one's character.
Exactly. And that was a big turn off to me. The guy I mentioned previously who sponsored and married the pretty Russian girl--he was in his mid 50s at the time and was obese. She was young, intelligent, and drop dead gorgeous. Did he REALLY think she was in love with him? If he realized she didn't really want HIM, but only a green card and a nice house, he would feel comfortable with that? Like buying a prostitute? No relationship of caring, having things in common, helping each other, companionship? Either way it's lose/lose.

Old 06-28-2019, 05:19 PM

@In_Newengland . . .maybe that is akin to many men having no problem going to prostitutes.

You don't hear of hoards (or any significant number) of women going to prostitutes.

That is just gross to me - so you can have a really unattractive man who "attracts" a young women with his dollars, and he is fine with that? Talk about a person of really low awareness, not to mention, moral character.

Ugh.

Old 06-28-2019, 05:25 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
Quote:
@In_Newengland . . .maybe that is akin to many men having no problem going to prostitutes.

You don't hear of hoards (or any significant number) of women going to prostitutes.

That is just gross to me - so you can have a really unattractive man who "attracts" a young women with his dollars, and he is fine with that? Talk about a person of really low awareness, not to mention, moral character.

Ugh.
yes when people see an older woman with a much younger man - they think "creepy"

not always the same with older man and younger woman. We might think it, but not as strange

Old 06-28-2019, 08:24 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,585,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I don't think all older guys want younger women...….not just thinking of the bedroom....but what of the music a younger person likes ??
If you were to judge me by the music I listen to you'd think I was in my 20s instead of my 60s. Not every older person listens to that garbage that was 70s music. My wife is the same way, and she's also in her 60s.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:05 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:

When a man of privilege "obtains" a younger woman (really pays for), how do they live with themselves? Do they not know that the woman is there for the $ and benefits?.
I wouldn't assume that younger women never have money or careers of their own. Some of them might do just fine without being married to a rich, older guy.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:07 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
I'm not single BUT this just a word of warning, please be careful....to anyone meeting people online. I watch way too many shows on ID and if I were single I'd be afraid in this day and age to date anyone I met online. Lots of horror stories for seniors as well as young people.
Meeting people anywhere can be dangerous. I met my spouse online and I would disagree that it's weird or dangerous to meet people on the internet. I could also spot a scammer a mile away.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I wouldn't assume that younger women never have money or careers of their own. Some of them might do just fine without being married to a rich, older guy.
I didn't assume either of those things.

There are SOME women who go for old geezers and their cash for security reasons.

The fact that unattractive guys can attract SOME attractive young women is a reality. Talking about the guys who do this - who basically buy women.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:38 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
above, when i posted YES, i remembered my father-in-law.
my MIL died first, and "the word" spread quickly that my FIL was "single".
he had no need of any help at all. it was/is a Gold Rush.
so...yes...it is "different". i became aware of HOW different in 2017.
After my mother died, I would stop in to check on my dad. Several months after she passed away I stopped by and there was my dad, sitting in "his chair" surrounded by five church ladies. They all arrived separately bearing pies, cake, cornbread and other goodies. This was the first time they all arrived on the same day.

Not a dating website but I use to play cards at Pogo game site. Several of the people had met online playing at Pogo and some eventually married. We met some of them in person and they all were well matched and happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement