U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 06:48 PM

1,016 posts, read 352,552 times

Advertisements

Maybe things will change when the Drug Companies have to disclose prices in their ads as

First with ads it was cigarettes until they were banned, then ambulance chasers who still abound, now a pill for everything except the price and more of those ads than any other product/service IMHO

https://www.insurancejournal.com/new.../09/525979.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 08:07 PM

7,595 posts, read 4,674,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We use Northwestpharmacy.com, or Globalpharmacyplus.com, but there are others. You place your order, get a paper prescription from your doctor, fax or send a photo of your prescription, prepay, then your drug is mailed to you. It takes a good 3-4 weeks and comes from any one of several countries. They do not use countries with questionable practices, like Mexico or China.
People should be careful to ascertain what you get is the exact same drug with the exact same delivery system you're using now.

I found that when I searched for Symbicort on both of the above sites, the only available medication was Symbicort Turbuhaler (dry powder inhalation) instead of Symbicort aerosol (what I use now). That's because the Turbuhaler version is all that's sold outside the U.S.

I've used dry powder inhalers before without much success, so the Turbuhaler version -- though certainly cheap -- would not be as effective for me as the aerosol.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:27 PM

21,833 posts, read 14,341,548 times
I took Benicar + generic diuretic for years. Insurance coverage or new price made it suddenly too expensive. I consulted prescribing doc who prescribed generic Losartan. So far Iíve managed to not be prescribed the adulterated version.

But, the point is, your doc will change your prescription for you.

Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM

3,686 posts, read 1,863,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I don't have VA coverage (I kept my Federal BC/BS coverage into retirement), but I will say that the manufacturer of Brilinta is excellent at providing coupons. I just paid $15 for a 3 months supply due to the manufacturer's coupons, and they pretty much do them for every refill, thank heavens. The one time they didn't I paid $100 for my co-pay.
When my husband has his heart attack and was prescribed the Brilanta, BCBS did pay $300 and we paid the balance the first couple months. Had to make a special request for the medication at VA. They verified that his civilian cardiologist wanted him to take this med instead of more common, cheaper blood thinner (think Plavix) - just took them a while to get the request approved and the meds ordered. Received a 90 day supply!

They really came through. Nothing but good things to say about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement