U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,562,562 times

Advertisements

Painting and other other artwork. Competing on "Jeopardy" and "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" from the comfort of home. My husband also does Sudoku puzzles.

Occasionally we'll do brain teasers from YouTube.

I usually play a few rounds of a speed-matching game called "Moonlight Mahjong" on the computer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM

5,988 posts, read 2,912,200 times
Duolingo

It's free, keeps you engaged, works your mind, has daily goals, and maybe you'll end up being able to speak a bit in a foreign language.

Old Today, 03:07 PM

21,965 posts, read 14,442,747 times
I forget to pick up things I mean to take with me, where I dropped my glasses, where I put my phone, and sometimes which turn out of the subdivision I need to take to get to where I intend to go.

Sure, make lists in your phone for groceries or other things you intend to buy. But often, visualizing works for me. For instance I visualize leaving the house with my water bottle, gym cloth, library return and locker lock. Or, I visualize my destination, so I turn right instead of left when I leave my subdivision. If I know I’m going pick up a prescription, I will automatically turn the right way to get to the pharmacy. If I imagine myself at the mall, I’ll automatically turn the other way.

For finding a parked car in a large parking lot, I always park in the same area, and if I have to, I use my key fob to help me see it.

I wish I had a solution to finding my phone!

Old Today, 03:09 PM

1,278 posts, read 577,923 times
Fasting I swear it turns me into Einstein

Old Today, 03:55 PM

23,851 posts, read 8,328,539 times
If I haven't posted this in the thread here, this is what I'm counting on:

Grape Seed Extract = reduces amyloid plaque on the brain. (do your research)

Coconut Oil = Our brains need good oils. (do your research)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement