U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

3,135 posts, read 1,724,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Were not for guns what ever would I do about rattle snakes, and illegals coming over the border, doing home invasions???
No worries as long as they are Jewish . You may discover a new kosher deli
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM

1,914 posts, read 961,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Wow. Politics, religion, race, and guns, all in one post in the Retirement forum. Are we not all human and American first, and old second?
No, I'm old first. Everything else has to fit in around that, at least until after I've had my nap.....

Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM

5,176 posts, read 8,696,248 times
Smile Not to bring this into this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Hard to imagine very many, if any at all, conservatives there. They must exist, but I never met any.
Well, I live in Boca. Right in the middle.

Boca definitely has conservatives.

It's more diverse than you think.

It's not all 55 plus communities and condos.

This is from 2012 and very close to where I live actually -

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...517-story.html

And then, he probably would have won - but then there was this dinner (September 2012) - also in Boca

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/articl...NEWS/812025018

It's a shame you can't be at a dinner and have your comments taken out of context by a bartender who ended up getting 150K for his story....

Note: This was just to show there are conservatives in Boca and plenty of them. I don't mean to bring politics into it. Boca is a wonderful place to live and I happen to live in one of the most normal communities there. I used to call it a "Leave It to Beaver" neighborhood but I don't anymore because people say "what's that?"

Last edited by Bette; Yesterday at 06:19 PM..

Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM

950 posts, read 538,958 times
While I am not Jewish, I share your need. I live in the DC area, which has a great absence of decent bread, Hard crust is unknown here. Other food is passable, but good Chinese and Italian do not exist. I was raised in Northern New Jersey, and spent a great deal of time in Manhattan. I miss the food variety and quality of the NYC area very much.

I found some sites that might be of interest to you.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/the...n-every-state/

https://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2...lis-in-america

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/amer...143537494.html

Good luck!

Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM

15,292 posts, read 4,033,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
While I am not Jewish, I share your need. I live in the DC area, which has a great absence of decent bread, Hard crust is unknown here. Other food is passable, but good Chinese and Italian do not exist. I was raised in Northern New Jersey, and spent a great deal of time in Manhattan. I miss the food variety and quality of the NYC area very much.
Good luck!
Forget guns.
Forget hunting.
Forget Conservatives.

BREAD....you have it right. Years ago while looking for "our place" we toured most of the South...coastal NC and many other places. Never did we find a decent loaf of bread...even in their "finest" of Italian eateries.....

And, therefore, we never lived or moved there. That is like the harbinger of whether a culture is advanced or not.

We currently have too many houses....but in W. Mass. we have at least 6 bakeries within 10 minutes that have the real thing...I mean REAL thing. In addition, we have vast numbers of good restaurants of every type. Of course, it's a "liberal" area, but we do have the Yiddish Book Museum so there is that!

We also spend time in RI - which is....Italian! Lots of bakeries and good bread and Neapolitan pizza....and everything else good. Just returned home right now from some fine dining in a place where they speak Italian.

You can't have it all.....but I'll take good food over gun toting neighbors, given the choice. The food is eaten many times a day...the guns sit in a safe or a drawer or wherever and are almost never used.

The Gulf Coast (Sarasota) where we winter has a lot of it all. Plenty of guns, conservatives. christians..and even jews. Not too many orthodox tho. But we have some good food now.....there is an amazing bagel place and great farmers markets with every sort of healthy food. Lots of specific foreign foods because Germans, etc. relocate there. We have German Bakeries, Russian Delis, Hungarian pastries, Wisconsin cheese shops and the old favorites of Whole Foods and Trader Joes for some staples. We have Amish markets (big Amish community).

It might be a place the OP would consider- there probably is a conservative Jewish house of worship just that I haven't looked.

Here we do - at least two on the list
Home Page

OK, so west coast Florida may make the cut!

Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM

2,568 posts, read 959,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
No, I'm old first. Everything else has to fit in around that, at least until after I've had my nap.....
Haha, I agree. Well said.

Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM

2,208 posts, read 2,393,449 times
OP, I can tell you where not to live, California. We lose more and more personal freedoms everyday. Most of my conservative friends have left the state.

Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM

7 posts, read 6,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjcohen View Post
I know, I lived there! No deli's!!!! Very expensive. No early bird specials. Not allowed to own a gun unless on a settlement or military.

I am just looking for a smaller American, Pro-Israel, Jewish, politically conservative, conservative synagogue, Jewish Deli, gun loving, pro-life sort of town! Is that much to ask for?
Lake Mary,fl. Too Jays Deli and Seminole county is very conservative. Chabad synagogues in the area.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM

2,208 posts, read 2,393,449 times
I enjoy this place in Wellington Fl

Strathmore Bagels
4095 FL-7,
Lake Worth, FL 33449
(561) 357-0044
https://maps.app.goo.gl/T7KTKATQJ9uMVmSQ6

Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM

486 posts, read 324,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfpengbuck View Post
Lake Mary,fl. Too Jays Deli and Seminole county is very conservative. Chabad synagogues in the area.
Chabad synagogues are NOT conservative synagogues. They are orthodox Hasidic synagogues; very different from conservative Judaism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or