U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Elder Person: Do You Use Cannabis (Marijuana)
Yes - Mainly for medical issues 2 1.60%
Yes - Mainly for relaxation and fun 18 14.40%
Yes - Both for medical issues and fun 24 19.20%
No 81 64.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 12:48 PM

2,608 posts, read 968,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Even though state legal, it is Federally illegal and we could lose our Concealed Carry Permits
Why? Do they drug test you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I am guessing the people who frequent this forum are on the highly conservative side.
I vote conservatively but am very much for legalizing MJ at the federal level, and help to dispel inaccuracies about it when I can.

I am 71, and have fibromyalgia from Hemochromatosis (iron overload) which is genetic. People of Celtic, and other northern european origins are more prone to it. It stores in your organs making them not function correctly, and it can be deadly. I've had chronic all over body pain since 96 where every cell of my body burns 24/7, and joints hurt too. I give blood to bring down the iron levels, and stay away from iron.

I am a light partaker of mj on a daily basis, just one toke at a time. It helps tremendously in making the constant pain more tolerable. And I do enjoy the light buzz as an added benefit. After first getting sick in 96 I gave up mj for 13 1/2 yrs so I could pass the drug tests for work. But after suffering for all that time I just couldn't take it anymore, and got my Medical MJ card in Colorado. I'm all for it.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Most seniors I know who use it do not smoke it (nor do I). They eat it,
Just my 2 cents, again lol. I'm old, and I smoke mine. I don't like edibles at all, except for the weed brownies of old which used the actual flower. Those were good. For me, smoking is much more cost effective, and I can judge my dose much more accurately. Plus the effects are usually in under 5 min. Edibles took forever to do anything. And if you get impatient for it to work, and take too much you will regret it when it finally catches up, believe me. But they are very popular so you can experiment, and see which you like better. I do want to try the full spectrum oil sometime if I can afford it.

If you don't like the smell, and want to keep a low profile you can take the cardboard roll from paper towels, and stuff it with dryer sheets (20-25 of them), and blow the smoke through that. Then use air freshener if you want. It filters it very nicely. A tip I got from a college student in a dorm. It worked for her.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:57 PM

[quote=nobodysbusiness;55703636]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post

I don't know why you quoted me, and then made it look like I said anything about Mormons. I did not make that statement about Mormons. Please edit your post to credit the person who actually said that.

You actually mashed up two quotes and attributed both to me - so that took some doing.

And you did the exact same thing? Please look at Mike's post #45 to understand what happened. It's nobody's fault....

(I just figured out what happened. In post #45 Mike accidently forgot to include the last quote marks, and the whole thing looked like it was from you. Relax, these things happen.)

Mike didn't say that, I did, but it came out looking like he wrote what I said. Just like it looks like I wrote what you did in the quoted part of your post. I was quoting Mike who was quoting you. He made a joke about the elders being Mormons which was pretty funny. Nobody said you said anything about Mormons. Perhaps the program has a glitch? Sigh. And besides there is a time limit on edits.

[quote=mlulu23;55703259]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

Lol, it took me a little while but I finally got it haha.

On the serious tip Utah has medical marijuana laws enacted.

https://norml.org/laws/item/utah-penalties-2

---------------------------------

Last edited by mlulu23; 07-18-2019 at 02:27 PM..

Old 07-18-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I like Obama's quote: "I inhaled frequently...that was the point."

Cat
Haha, yeah.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:25 PM

7,291 posts, read 4,166,644 times
Quote:
Why? Do they drug test you?
Hawaii matched up firearms owners with medical marijuana cards and started rounding up firearms. They only stopped due to public outcry, and they returned those firearms that had been turned in. However, they will not issue any new permits to those with a MM card. But this goes to show how politicians and the police in blue states think and we haven't heard the last of this. In any state, if you are stopped and searched and found to have marijuana and a firearm, you can have all your firearms confiscated if state laws allow, or you can be referred to ATF and the feds can confiscate your firearms. When you fill out Form 4473 for the purchase of a firearm, you are asked specifically about marijuana usage and it states that marijuana is an unlawful substance under federal law, regardless of what state law allows. The war against firearms is real in some states.

Last edited by AlaskaErik; 07-18-2019 at 04:47 PM..

Old 07-18-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Hawaii matched up firearms owners with medical marijuana cards and started rounding up firearms. In any state, if you are stopped and searched and found to have marijuana and a firearm, you can have all your firearms confiscated if state laws allow, or you can be referred to ATF and the feds can confiscate your firearms. When you fill out Form 4473 for the purchase of a firearm, you are asked specifically about marijuana usage and it states that marijuana is an unlawful substance under federal law, regardless of what state law allows. The war against firearms is real in some states.
Wow, this is very serious. It stinks! I had no idea. Thanks for filling me in.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:51 PM

7,291 posts, read 4,166,644 times
Quote:
Wow, this is very serious. It stinks! I had no idea. Thanks for filling me in.
I did edit my post, but marijuana users need to understand that they are at risk of being denied the ability to purchase and/or own firearms to possibly have those firearms confiscated at some point in the future.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:02 PM

6,713 posts, read 8,078,055 times
I donít, but I would if it were legal in North Carolina.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
I did edit my post, but marijuana users need to understand that they are at risk of being denied the ability to purchase and/or own firearms to possibly have those firearms confiscated at some point in the future.
Oh yeah, it's good that they at least gave those weapons back. But bad they are restricting MMJ card holders concerning guns. Hopefully, if the feds ever get around to declassifying mj things will improve in many ways...So, by their reasoning someone can get plastered, and it's fine to own a gun. Irrational thought on their part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or