Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Elder Person: Do You Use Cannabis (Marijuana)
Yes - Mainly for medical issues 5 2.78%
Yes - Mainly for relaxation and fun 28 15.56%
Yes - Both for medical issues and fun 30 16.67%
No 117 65.00%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 04:39 AM

305 posts, read 241,145 times

Advertisements

Is Dave home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 12:57 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Hawaii matched up firearms owners with medical marijuana cards and started rounding up firearms. They only stopped due to public outcry, and they returned those firearms that had been turned in. However, they will not issue any new permits to those with a MM card. But this goes to show how politicians and the police in blue states think and we haven't heard the last of this. In any state, if you are stopped and searched and found to have marijuana and a firearm, you can have all your firearms confiscated if state laws allow, or you can be referred to ATF and the feds can confiscate your firearms. When you fill out Form 4473 for the purchase of a firearm, you are asked specifically about marijuana usage and it states that marijuana is an unlawful substance under federal law, regardless of what state law allows. The war against firearms is real in some states.
Seems to me that the war is against MJ not firearms.

It does seem stupid that I could be an alcoholic or addicted to oxywhatever and get a permit. But The evil MJ? Nope.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:13 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,580,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Seems to me that the war is against MJ not firearms.

It does seem stupid that I could be an alcoholic or addicted to oxywhatever and get a permit. But The evil MJ? Nope.
It's quite the opposite. The gun grabbers have no problem with marijuana.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:46 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubMike View Post
Is Dave home?
No man, Dave's not here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nxK_hGLTN4

Old 04-05-2022, 06:19 PM

157 posts, read 79,035 times
Your dog can tell when you're high. You know, they give you that look like "hey, not again... you're just gonna eat all the Captain Crunch up in the cabinet again and forget to feed me!"

You've seen that look before. Don't deny it.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:36 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Just my 2 cents, again lol. I'm old, and I smoke mine. I don't like edibles at all, except for the weed brownies of old which used the actual flower. Those were good. For me, smoking is much more cost effective, and I can judge my dose much more accurately. Plus the effects are usually in under 5 min. Edibles took forever to do anything. And if you get impatient for it to work, and take too much you will regret it when it finally catches up, believe me. But they are very popular so you can experiment, and see which you like better. I do want to try the full spectrum oil sometime if I can afford it.
The drawbacks of edibles you describe are actually pluses for people like me who use indica tinctures or gummis for insomnia. Yes, it takes about two hours for the effects to kick in, but I know how to time my dose so that by the time I go to bed, I'm fully sedated and ready to nod off. Also, the effects of edibles last much longer than from smoking, at least 3-4 hours. That helps me stay asleep.

The important thing is to start slow until you know what your tolerance is and to resist the urge to take more if you don't feel something right away. That's how newbies get in trouble.

Old 04-06-2022, 09:55 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,188,357 times
Edibles are the way to go. Decarb some concentrates, add to butter. There is an art to this, but not all older people are stuck in the mud.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:02 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,188,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
I did edit my post, but marijuana users need to understand that they are at risk of being denied the ability to purchase and/or own firearms to possibly have those firearms confiscated at some point in the future.
Who cares. I would rather have weed than a gun. I would rather criminals have weed than guns. Then law enforcement would have to criminalize Tweenkies...but I agree, that would be a crime.

Last edited by MichiganGreg; 04-06-2022 at 10:20 AM..

Old 04-06-2022, 10:33 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
I smoked it socially in my twenties then I quit and raised children. Again in my forties I smoked for a couple of years. I enjoy the sensation but I don't like the weight gain or lack of motivation that comes with it for me. And I like to be in full charge of my senses. So those things outweigh my desire to use it.

My last visit to Mexico in March I've never been as surrounded by so much since the Seventies. There were a lot of opportunities to indulge but I prefer not to. At my age I like to stay as sound of mind as possible and that's difficult enough without using something to deliberately alter the way my brain works. LOL

Most people are divided into those who have that inclination to alter their mind or those who don't. Some of us are in between. I'm one of them and weigh the consequences carefully while choosing. My choices have been serving me well so far.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:50 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
In the words of Alan Shepard ........"No! HELL, NO!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement