U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Elder Person: Do You Use Cannabis (Marijuana)
Yes - Mainly for medical issues 2 1.60%
Yes - Mainly for relaxation and fun 18 14.40%
Yes - Both for medical issues and fun 24 19.20%
No 81 64.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 11:39 AM

4,767 posts, read 3,202,850 times

Advertisements

I use it everyday before going to sleep-my sleep aid. Just a few hits is all I need to help me to fall asleep. I do also use it recreation if there are other smokers around-which is rarely. The problem I have with that is when I do smoke with others, I just want to go to sleep. It is now legal in my state so I don't have to worry.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 11:39 AM

2,261 posts, read 1,116,141 times
I've never cared for it.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:42 AM

13,325 posts, read 25,590,184 times
I never liked it when I smoked socially as a teenager. Now that I live where it's legal, I got a complete tour of strains and effects and so forth and still didn't like it. Increased my vertigo and didn't have any increased senses or any of the things I wanted. So no. It just makes me numb.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:47 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,190,490 times
An occasional toker for over 45 years, primarily for relaxation. For me, a little goes a long way. My spouse and I have had the same ounce since 2012 and more than half remains. But I do enjoy the occasional toke in the evening. It has never been legal anywhere that I have lived but the laws are archaic in my opinion so, I blissfully disregard.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 1,595,504 times
I didn't answer because I don't fit any selection. I'm open to MJ & as a young'un up to my mid 30's enjoyed it quite often. But with middle age it wasn't anything I pursued at all - been there, done that - & have partaken, when offered, maybe a half dozen times in 25 years.

I would have absolutely no compunction using it recreationally when it finally becomes legal here, the politicians are typically useless & out of touch. With very little effort right now I could find someone that would deliver to me here like a pizza delivery guy, it has long been an underground business here completely separate from any other drugs that are bad like meth, or oxy etc... (see HBO's Higher Maintenance).

I also have glaucoma & probably could get a medical reason now to use but I can't be bothered....

The main problems I have with using it now is that I'm leary of getting the "munchies" too much for health reasons or relying on it too much the way wine or beer or tv can be overused. Also since the pols can't do what's right I suspect that an inordinate amount of pot comes from cartels & who wants to enrich them. Drinking didn't stop during prohibition but it did enrich organized crime & that's repeating itself again.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:21 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,674,074 times
Decriminalized in Michigan but still illegal at the Federal level, which makes it illegal for use in my employment and many many others. I drove by a former Gas Station last week that has been renovated into a Pot Dispensary, or whatever the correct terminology is. The line of waiting customers extended out the door and completely encircled the building - twice!

The store must have received a special shipment or something..........

Old 07-15-2019, 12:24 PM

4,181 posts, read 2,599,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
You need to do more observing then because your conclusion is false. Maybe your sample size of participants is too small. My observations and research show that people who use it medically would rather not get buzzed, they just want to feel better.

Real medical users tend to go for CBD oil or cannabis with lower THC and higher CBD levels. Some believe they need to use some strains with both CBD & THC in varying percentages, because they believe in the synergistic effects of using in using THC & CBD in proportionate amounts.
Well, first of all I clearly stated it was just an observation. I made no claim about it being research.

But I will point out that the poll results are consistent with my observation. As of this writing there are 0 respondents who use Marijuana for just medical reasons, but 4 respondents who use it for "fun and medical issues". Fun seems to be a key factor, which is my point.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:25 PM

21,366 posts, read 21,930,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Well, first of all I clearly stated it was just an observation. I made no claim about it being research.

But I will point out that the poll results are consistent with my observation. As of this writing there are 0 respondents who use Marijuana for just medical reasons, but 4 respondents who use it for "fun and medical issues". Fun seems to be a key factor, which is my point.
possible that many of the respondents have simply forgotten that they're using.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:27 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,855 posts, read 54,568,102 times
No, I had enough of that in the 1960s.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:00 PM

21,924 posts, read 16,727,596 times
No. I prefer to keep a clear mind and clean lungs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or