U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Elder Person: Do You Use Cannabis (Marijuana)
Yes - Mainly for medical issues 2 1.60%
Yes - Mainly for relaxation and fun 18 14.40%
Yes - Both for medical issues and fun 24 19.20%
No 81 64.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 10:38 AM

9,417 posts, read 6,285,185 times

Advertisements

We won't even consider cannabis until Federal controlled substance Cl (absolutely illegal, same controlled class as opium) is removed

Even though state legal, it is Federally illegal and we could lose our Concealed Carry Permits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 01:53 PM

28,276 posts, read 39,940,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
We both have serious health issues but no intention of using pott. That stuff makes people go nuts.
Truly uneducated regarding marijuana.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
We won't even consider cannabis until Federal controlled substance Cl (absolutely illegal, same controlled class as opium) is removed

Even though state legal, it is Federally illegal and we could lose our Concealed Carry Permits
Good point. Other good reason: Working for the Feds.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:23 PM

7,317 posts, read 15,371,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shh1313 View Post
Does symptom relief from suffering from chronic pain compute in the equation?
The people that I know who use it for pain say it relieves their pain when they take it - so it doesn't mean that it has "cured" whatever was causing chronic pain, but it either makes the pain manageable or removes it entirely for as long as the dosage lasts. I don't know anyone for whom using either CBD, CBD/THC blend or straight THC has meant that their chronic pain went away and never came back.

I have a chronic shoulder impingement issue and the combination of ibuprofen and a THC/CBD balm take the swelling down and make it hurt a lot less. Ibuprofen alone does not get the job done and neither did combining ibuprofen with RX-only voltaren. The problem will generally go away on its own in 1-2 months, ibuprofen and THC/CBD knocks it down in less than a week.

That is empirical and anecdotal as all get-out, but I don't really CARE, as long as I can lift my arm over my head without pain and go about my daily life.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 07-17-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
It's funny that in the OP I specifically asked people to respond "if you use it" - then the naysayers jumped onboard to claim they had never and would never use it . . . Kind of a waste of keystrokes - I agree that most of these people have not looked into any research - are just going on some antiquated ideas and propaganda they have ingested over the years.

It is powerful plant medicine, and has so many benefits - good for anxiety and depression, pain, and a whole plethora of other ailments.

It no longer has to be smoked, so the lungs can be protected with edible use - edibles can be microdosed to get great effect at small dosage.

Naysayers: Give it a try, THEN report back - otherwise keep your ignorance to yourselves.
But you gave the option of "no" so you left it open to those who don't.

Old 07-17-2019, 05:57 PM

4,862 posts, read 1,860,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
But you gave the option of "no" so you left it open to those who don't.
Good point - I just asked in the OP that people who are using cannabis comment - and got sick of all the "No, I would never THINK of it" - "Devil's weed" comments.

I am guessing the people who frequent this forum are on the highly conservative side.

Old 07-17-2019, 05:59 PM

A lot of people have been brainwashed about marijuana for a long time. Those same people (at least a subset of them) are okay with alcohol and prescription drugs.

And they don't see the contradiction.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:00 PM

95 posts, read 23,275 times
Weed is good for many ailments.
The Reefer Madness movie was a bit of a stretch
Remember it was put out by the Gov't

Not that I am crazy about this drug or anything but it has it's place for medicinal use

Old 07-17-2019, 06:22 PM

4,862 posts, read 1,860,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
A lot of people have been brainwashed about marijuana for a long time. Those same people (at least a subset of them) are okay with alcohol and prescription drugs.

And they don't see the contradiction.
Isn't that bizarre?

I saw Reefer Madness as a sophomore in "Soph. Science."

I believed it!

Old 07-17-2019, 06:23 PM

12,293 posts, read 12,533,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmersGlue. View Post

Not that I am crazy about this drug or anything but it has it's place for medicinal use
It has its place for recreational use too. Music sounds better. Food tastes better. Like anything it can be overdone, but if you're retired you may as well enjoy yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or