U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Elder Person: Do You Use Cannabis (Marijuana)
Yes - Mainly for medical issues 2 1.60%
Yes - Mainly for relaxation and fun 18 14.40%
Yes - Both for medical issues and fun 24 19.20%
No 81 64.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 06:43 PM

12,293 posts, read 12,533,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
It's funny that in the OP I specifically asked people to respond "if you use it" - then the naysayers jumped onboard to claim they had never and would never use it . . . Kind of a waste of keystrokes - I agree that most of these people have not looked into any research - are just going on some antiquated ideas and propaganda they have ingested over the years.

It is powerful plant medicine, and has so many benefits - good for anxiety and depression, pain, and a whole plethora of other ailments.

It no longer has to be smoked, so the lungs can be protected with edible use - edibles can be microdosed to get great effect at small dosage.

Naysayers: Give it a try, THEN report back - otherwise keep your ignorance to yourselves.
You're not paying attention. According to surveys, about 14% of adults use pot. By your survey, 29% of the users here use pot. At a guess, about twice as many retired people use pot as those who are still in the workplace. That makes sense, if they have to pass a whizz quiz at work.

Chill, dude. Have another hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 06:52 PM

4,862 posts, read 1,860,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
You're not paying attention. According to surveys, about 14% of adults use pot. By your survey, 29% of the users here use pot. At a guess, about twice as many retired people use pot as those who are still in the workplace. That makes sense, if they have to pass a whizz quiz at work.

Okay, duuuuuude

Old 07-17-2019, 07:08 PM

5,976 posts, read 2,300,791 times
It is to tally legal here but haven't tried it since it became legal. If I did use it the reason would be for recreational as currently do not suffer can't ailments that would require it.

About 6 or 7 years ago a friend was put on it for medical ressons, as a pain relief for back pains. Before that he took oxyie for when the pain was too server but then he had the problems with that drug. His presciption was in 4 different doses depending on the amount of pain. Several of the doses gives no high at all. Since using grass he misses much less work, is more active and suffers far less.

Doctors have told him that he is pain is not severe enough for an operation because it would be on his spine and the risk of paralyze him is too great.

This is in Canada hence medicinal has been legal for years and recreational since October. I wished it had been available in much earlier for my Dad, it could of helped him manage his pain better and safer. If I had chronic pain I would inquire about if it would help however I only have a slight less than average amount of pains for my age.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:13 PM

5,976 posts, read 2,300,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Okay, duuuuuude
As of now 2 have stated that they use it for medicinal use only. A small percentage but if it helps their health and well being that is more important than me saying I don't use it because i don't need to.

And I do not want to be in the position where I need it, I'd rather stay healthy.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:22 PM

1,439 posts, read 965,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I use it everyday before going to sleep-my sleep aid. Just a few hits is all I need to help me to fall asleep. I do also use it recreation if there are other smokers around-which is rarely. The problem I have with that is when I do smoke with others, I just want to go to sleep. It is now legal in my state so I don't have to worry.

Cat

Copycat...lol

Old 07-17-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
As of now 2 have stated that they use it for medicinal use only. A small percentage but if it helps their health and well being that is more important than me saying I don't use it because i don't need to.

And I do not want to be in the position where I need it, I'd rather stay healthy.
And then there are the ones that use it "for medical reasons and fun." - So there are more than two using it for medical reasons - but those numbers are extremely low and not representative of the general population.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
I use CBD oil. I'm not about to draw anything through my lungs at this point in time.
You realize that you don't draw edibles through your lungs, right? There are also tinctures, patches, gum, creams, mints, etc., etc.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:33 PM

28,276 posts, read 39,940,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post

LOL @ surveys. "Let's ask people about smoking pot."

"Do you think they'll answer truthfully about using an illegal substance?"

"Sure. No problem."

Old 07-17-2019, 08:41 PM

28,276 posts, read 39,940,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post

Famous last words. I hope you haven't jinxed yourself.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:00 AM

3,944 posts, read 7,533,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Oregon legalized medical marijuana in 1998, recreational in 2014. I know several people who use medical marijuana for actual medical reasons and the problem with legalizing recreational marijuana was that some of the strains and products developed specifically for medical use were dropped by various growers for the profitable recreational.

Yep, this is what happened in Washington, too. Also, there used to be a lot of dispensaries, but now the government hands out a limited number of licenses and they go to the recreational sellers. I guess most of them also sell some for medicinal use, but there is less available.

In answer to OP's question:

No, I don't use it and never have. I didn't answer in the poll, though, because I'm not really old enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or